Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Are there any Bolt on simple Low PSI Blowers???

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 10:42 AM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Are there any Bolt on simple Low PSI Blowers???

I am Looking For a Supercharger.....Simple Bolt on....
I just want a couple of psi....I want to bolt on the impeller...attatch the air tubes....go in thru the MAF and TB and not have to f#ck with the internal engine stuff....add a belt and a pulley to make the dam thing spin.....and I dont mind If its gonna take a little tuning.... Also Something not so DAM Expensive ...maybe something around $1000??? ----henceforth "LOW PSI"...

I just want to add a little more kick.... AND I WILL NOT USE NOS!!!! NOS is For PU$$IES. and I do not want to get into the internal engine stuff. I dont have the time or tools to do internal engine stuff.....this is why I wnat external Bolt on only. Is this Making Any Sense to anybody....

Does Anybody Have a Real Solution For Me???
Old 08-13-2003, 11:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Are there any Bolt on simple Low PSI Blowers???

used powerdyne kit.
Old 08-13-2003, 11:41 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For $1000, its not gonna happen.
Old 08-13-2003, 11:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

$1000?
bhwaaahaaaa.
maybe you could get an electric supercharger.

if you dont want to use NOS, try NX or TNT. those work well.
and the fasted ls1 uses nitrous oxide to power it down the track in about 8 seconds. i guess he's a puss.

you get what you pay for. low psi will not give you much gains. a good set of heads and cam would be better, or just a cam, ive known guys to get over 380 with a cam, lid and exhaust.

if your going FI go all the way.
Old 08-13-2003, 11:54 AM
TECH Regular

if you dont want to use NOS, try NX or TNT. those work well.

Heh, just caught that
Old 08-13-2003, 12:32 PM
8 Second Club

do you guys have any specific models I should look for....LOW PSI so I dont have to beef up the internals......External Bolt on Only???? you know a bracket , a pulley , a blower ,and an air tube.....
Old 08-13-2003, 01:44 PM
7 Second Club

NOS is For PU$$IES.

Well their are a bunch of us pussies running circles around your slow ***.$1,000.00 to mod a LS1 hmm...... that will get you a set of long-tubes.What's your definition of a *****,cars faster than yours I take it.Sears has leaf-blowers for around $150.00.You could bungee cord it to your MAF and make some real power.Get real dude.
Old 08-13-2003, 02:11 PM
8 Second Club

Its real simple...I dont want to put a Lot of psi into my motor causing me to have to re-build it cause of stress.....and I dont want NOS cause I want it there every time I put my foot down...not just when I have juice in my bottle....I want it at a moments notice when a ricer decides to pull up next to me an punch it....I dont wann buy a 6psi unit that costs $2000 cause I only want a littl...like putting in a cam(a mild one) but without all the engine work. I usually get a couple of hours at a time (if I'm Lucky) to do work to make my car go a little faster...so I just want a little......I got all the external bolt-ons covered...except for a blower/supercharger. but I figure while I have a weekend off and I have about 1000 to spend...I could do a simple bolt-on at the same time(another key word...SIMPLE)

DO ANy of you guys understand????
My point is Limited Time....Limited Tools....Limited Money....want it there all the time...not just when I Have time and money to go refill a bottle that can run out....and I have timing set for it..so when I dont use it I'm slower???..... I'm not looking to race anybody seriously..... I just dont want some punk 16yr old kid with a rich daddy in a 5.0 rustang...or some ricer in a 160hp honda civic going faster than me.

So I guess the real question is...who makes an Impeller that I can bolt onto my lst with a bracket on the front...attatch a pulley to make it spin...and give me a tube to get the air into my motor....
Old 08-13-2003, 02:39 PM
TECH Addict

I will say it again..... used powerdyne.

I sold my kit for $1000

If you look hard enough you should be able to find one for $1000-$1500

Old 08-13-2003, 02:57 PM
On The Tree

I will say it again..... used powerdyne.

I sold my kit for $1000

If you look hard enough you should be able to find one for $1000-$1500

This is your best bet. Keep searching ebay and for sale ads.

What your looking for doesn't exist.
Old 08-13-2003, 03:12 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,238 Likes on 789 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Used powerdyne or 75 shot of nitrous.
Old 08-13-2003, 03:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

heads and cam swap is not that hard, just might take a couple days. there are some articles on the net like installiversity.com that will tell you how to do it.
i just got done taking the heads and puting them back on mine. and im not a big car mechanic

another question is do you need all that power all the time? how do you drive petal to the floor when your not braking? i dont know why you ruled out nitrous so quick, just flip a switch and go. THese engines take n2o better then any other power adder (shown by them 8 second cars)
Old 08-13-2003, 03:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

DO ANy of you guys understand????

you want a blower and will pay around 1000$.
If you could find a Powerdyne for that, it would be a great deal.
You only want 2psi, which I think is ridiculous.
If you could actually pulley the blower to provide 1-2psi at the topend, it would probably be a restriction in the midrange.
A good cam only car would spank your *** with 2 psi boost.
You would gain hp only at the VERY top of your rev range with a belt driven centrifugal.Now a turbo could have 2psi through the entire rev range, but good luck doing that for a grand or so.

Sorry speed costs money. Wait until you have the money, or become one of those FAST pussies who run the bottle.
If your afraid or don't understand nitrous( those who say it's cheating and only pussies use it )then cam it.
Otherwise go buy a few of those electric fans and let us know how it worked out for you.
Just one word of advice though, try not to make to much fun of the ricers when you pop your hood.
Steve
Old 08-13-2003, 03:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Seriously, you gotta get a grip on reality here. Your car as it sits from the dealership can lay waste to most cars. Second, boost isn't for kids. It requires lots of $$ and time and/or knowledge to keep the car running. I suggest you rethink your reasons for going boost. A heads cam package costs about 2k-4k in parts and in theory can put you into the low 11s. BUT, if you're serious about going fast (faster than 12.0) you're going to have to fork out all kinds of money for tranny, rear, suspension, safety equip., fuel, etc. I always tell people that if you're going blown and into the 11s expect to pay 10-20k total. If you don't have that kind of commitment, find another route.
Old 08-13-2003, 04:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm thinking about selling my blower, but $1000? I spent $600 on fans alone for it! Even for $2000, you would need injectors ($250 min), fuel pump ($300 installed), and tuning ($450). That is about $3k minimum - about the same as heads and cam, but like you said no big tear up of your engine (easy install). Of course, if you're like me, you tear off heads six months later anyway. I would not think you could get in to boost any cheaper than that.

-Geoff
Old 08-14-2003, 08:16 AM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

If you are looking for a S/C for about $1000, trade in your LS1 for a Civic :p

Old 08-14-2003, 01:24 PM
Restricted User

I am a P*SSY, YES YES YES. Thanks Soundengineer, you almost sound like a certain ex-president...I want just a little BJ but dont wanna get caught...hmmm didnt work for him either.

Wake TFU, http://www.electricsupercharger.com/ try that, just up your alley man. guaranteed performance.

Old 08-14-2003, 02:30 PM
8 Second Club

HAHAHAHAHAHA....that actually made me really laugh hard....that thing about the ex-president.....Thats ok...I understand....some people like to blow...some people like to spray.....some people like to spend money 1 time and have the power always there..and some people like to go grocery shopping..... I am not prejudice against sprayers....I just like to have hard grunt all the time without having to turn on a switch and put my foot all the way thru the floor to turn on the juice....

thats ok...I'm over it...I have dedcided that I will have to buy a 4-6psi blower......that can bolt on without any internal engine work....I know I might need injectors and I know I will need tuning.....I get it...now I just gotta find a used one...cause I aint gonna pay $3000 + all the extra stuff I gotta do.
Old 08-14-2003, 03:50 PM
Restricted User

You mean you dont like the electric supercharger, with its instant boost and stellar performance, WTF?
Old 08-14-2003, 06:01 PM
11 Second Club

I dont wann buy a 6psi unit that costs $2000
Judging by all of your posts, you haven't done any homework, which tells me you don't give a fvck, all you want is us to tell you what to do. Well, I'll tell you this, put down that crack your smoking, because you won't find a 6psi blower kit for $2k. Try $5k, and that's just the kit. Add another $1k AT LEAST just for your injectors/tuning/misc stuff.

Now, as far as 2psi, like previously said, that's a joke. Please tell me your joking, because there's no car out there that runs 2psi. Why? Because 2psi won't do sh*t. Like previously stated AGAIN, it will probably HURT performance. Now, if you've only got $1000, get a cam. That's a little under $500, then you can spend some on tuning, and you'll be running 11s (if you can drive)

If you're worried about 16 yr olds beating you, you either don't have an LS1, can't drive for sh*t, or have an 98+ 3.8 V6. There's no way "the average ricer" as you put it, will put up ANY kind of a fight. Now 5.0s, with a few mods they'll put up a fight, but damn, not too many cars you'll see on an ordinary day will be competition for an LS1.

Please read all of the above over and over again till it sinks in, if ever...