Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

APS 35th BUILD has to all!!be redone!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 03:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APS 35th BUILD has to all!!be redone!!

Well ,as you guys might know ,Be Cool sent me or somehow its looking like an LT1 rad with collant bungs on the drivers side for the LT1's oil cooler got put into ((!!!!MY!!!)) LS1 auto tranny box and after fireing my fresh APS 6.0 Camaro build, got Evans coolant and tranny fluid pumped all threw my engine and my brand new $4k Rossler tranny.Evans and Rossler both said today EVERTHING!!! needs to be taken out and gone threw!! Everthing, including the tranny needs to be torn down, even into the converter its self needs to be rebuilt to get this slurry mix out of everthing!! Everthing meaning EVERYTHING LOL Turbos ,Turbos lines, water pump, everthing needs to have new seals put in.
I never relized that this could happen because of a radiator, NEVER !!!!In my wildest dreams could i ever have predited something like this happening ,LOL. I keep telling myself im lucky it happened now and it wasnt a tiny hole in the core that would have damaged everthing very,very slowly verses all at once like it did!!Because Be Cool wouldnt have covered it then . It would have been really hard to proof a year later, manufacturs defect LOL!! Anyways, Ive leaned my leason as i hope you guys have too by reading this. Dont use the rad cooler!! Use a extenal cooler like a B & M or somthing good because it can happen to any of you, thats running your tranny fluid threw your radiator !!!The worst part is my builder told me to use an external like he does !!but noooo I did it my way ,,As always LOL! Even check a rad tranny core before filling it!! If you can??", maybe air pressure test first As far as I know, Im the first in Be Cool's history that this has happened too LOL!! Even Evans didnt know what to tell me when i told him i had there coolant mixed with tranny fluid LOL R & R EVERTHING is what Evans suggested !! Remove & replace !! Just figured ide let you guys know where im at with my build and if any of you is getting ready to put in a new radiator??? ,,,double check it guys !!Double check it!!!
Old 06-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Launching!

wow that sux.. is be cool covering the R&R ?

you shouldn't have to touch the motor or turbos.. just flush it with tap water then run it for a bit and flush again, run again and flush until the water comes out clean.. then add antifreeze... you wont get all the oil out of the engine any other way.. (short of completely disassembling the motor) the only thing you will have to R&R is the tranny..
Old 06-09-2008, 03:45 PM
10 Second Club

OMG. Sorry to hear that but like you said, better now than later. Do exactly what they said, down time now is better than everything taking a **** later. Good luck,

Larry
Old 06-09-2008, 03:59 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

damnnnnnnn

Are they covering any labor costs as well? If not that will set you back a lot of time and time is money as you know!

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 06-09-2008, 04:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, that sucks Sorry to hear about that.

Ryan
Old 06-09-2008, 04:31 PM
TECH Addict

That really sucks but it can always be worse, good luck getting it raedy to roll again. I too have been taking way to long with uncontrollable delays on my behalf!
Old 06-09-2008, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AKAFRED
wow that sux.. is be cool covering the R&R ?

you shouldn't have to touch the motor or turbos.. just flush it with tap water then run it for a bit and flush again, run again and flush until the water comes out clean.. then add antifreeze... you wont get all the oil out of the engine any other way.. (short of completely disassembling the motor) the only thing you will have to R&R is the tranny..
The only thing thats bad with this Evans and tranny fliud mix is when hoseing off the floor,,, its got all clumpy and ****!!! I was actuallty thinking of running a cleaner type solution, my buddy said they sell for cleaning out rads and coolant systems that had a head gastet blow that has put engine oil into the coolant system !! OR I was thinking of flushing with a type of degreaser added to hot water like grease lightning or a simple green ,,,Simple green would be the safest im guessing??? it just seems like water alone isnt gonna get her done!!LOL!!!Can you believe Be Cool today he manager!! was trying to throw this on my builder LOL!!I was like DUDE You sent me the wronge rad in the right box LOL Bottom line here bud !!!Its on you, what ever i need to fix this, he was acting like i should have known those two outlets on this wrong rad were for coolant disturbution not tranny lines! I laughed at him and said ANY builder in the world that ordered a rad with a tranny cooler, after receiving it and seeing two ports on one side of the rad is going to assume these are the tranny ports my man ANYBODY IN THE WORLD!!LOL!!Bottom line guy You guys shipped me a wrong radiator which has caused me damage!! Hes then like ,,Well Have Summit fax me a copie of your order and well go from there and thats was about an hour ago !!!This was weird too guys,,,This morning when i first told him about this he was like dont let Summit take that rad back ,,send it directly back to us ,,i was like cool Now he said hes gotta think about it Now that ive sent him photos of the radiator proving its the wrong one that do you guys think ????Im going to take a million pics of this rad ,,I was even thinking of video taping its rwemoval from my car and video it being filled and showing the liquid coming out of the tranny line holes !!!!What do you guys think of this whole thing???
Old 06-09-2008, 08:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

While you are in the right, I think your screwed unless you get atty involved and spend a buncha money...

Real shitty .... but it seems cut and dry
Old 06-09-2008, 09:39 PM
10 Second Club

wow man im sorry to hear this
Old 06-09-2008, 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

sounds like that guy is being shaddy your in a tough spot my man.id talk to summit also so they know what happened also get them to back you also.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Better get an attorney. They want the radiator sent directly to them so there is no evidense. Talk to an attorney before you do anything. He will tell you how to proceed. They will take care of you if a lawyer gets in touch with them before you send it back.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by quicksilverado
Better get an attorney. They want the radiator sent directly to them so there is no evidense. Talk to an attorney before you do anything. He will tell you how to proceed. They will take care of you if a lawyer gets in touch with them before you send it back.
thats what the **** i been waiting to hear from somebody Amen brother!!! Im actually allready on it !!LOL Soon as they said that, I was thinking the same thing!! Im actually gonna video tape it comeing out too and get the rad numbers too on the bottom as soon as i pull it!! and a rad shop right down the street to also verifie what its doing!! Thanks my man !!I will do the lawer thing too Were talking 1000s here!! Not hundreds!! in damages !!!Thanks my man !!
Old 06-09-2008, 10:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by barnat
I was thinking of flushing with a type of degreaser added to hot water like grease lightning or a simple green ,,,Simple green would be the safest im guessing??? it just seems like water alone isnt gonna get her done!!
I made the mistake of putting bars leak in one time. It turned to oil looking sludge.
After flushing it with water I used a gallon of castrol super clean and water. With the thermostat out I let it run for 5 min and sit to cool off, did this several times. Drained and flushed with a lot of water, filled with pure water and ran it to temp and drained it. It came out perfectly clean. It surprised me how clean it turned out.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd do the above.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:17 PM
11 Second Club

+2 for the above. should be fine with flushing it out several times and than again after a few miles are put on it.
i worked for chrysler for 7 years when they were having major problems with headgaskets going on the Neons and mini vans....this is what our tech would do to get all that milkshake crap out of the system. worked very well.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well,, Ive got her running and got around 200 miles on her so far after 50 little bottles of rad flush at $5 a bottle and 6 cases of ATF to flush that pink bullshit out of my tranny which is now starting to slip in third, Be Cool says there not doing a dam thing to help me out!!!Even though they admitted they sent me a wrong rad in the right box!!!The only thing they were gonna do for me was replace my rad!!Well after flipping and shouting for an hour i atleast got them to send me a complete BCI-82246 kit worth $1359.99 for my troubles Which isnt **** !!just wanted you guys to know what type of company they are and what they did for me and think about this !!!lets say you ever had a tranny cooler in the rad that leaked,,,and you ended up burning the tranny out because of shitty welding?? What do you think Be Cool is gonna do for you?? if they did this to me and admitted it was there packagers fault that i got a rad for an LT1 with coolant bungs on the side instead of tranny bungs Which by the way boys and girls are identical !!!!the LT1 usees these ports to flow coolant back to the oil coller on the block!!Even after i told the manager they need to screw colored plastic tabs into these bungs espeseically if there going to be used as coolant passages and not tranny ports!! He was like yea,,i hear you!!LOL!!!That was it!! the manager is the one that felt atleast alittle bad for me and sent me a complete kit for my headachs instead of just a rad!!
BUT TO BE A COMPANY AS BIG AS BE COOL !! !!!and to treat a customer the way they treated me ,,after sending me the wrong part in the right box!!which did indeed cause damage to my ride and ended up costing me more in labor ,Two days flushing this pink **** from hell!!!out of my fresh ((BRAND NEW)) Engine & Tranny!! I even told the manager; Dude, regardless of being a big money build or not The minute you packaged this rad in a LS1 box, it was unstoppable that you were going to get a call from ((sombody)) in the world that was going to receive this rad and install it ,and get coolant and tranny fliud all threw there engine and tranny like i did!1!!How was i to know that these two bungs on the one side of the rad were not!!I repeat,, Were not!!tranny line ports!!He didnt say anything just how sorry he was the the owner disagreed with me and said I should have know the diffrence LOL i said YEA,If i worked at Be Cool mybe i would you ignorant piece of ****!!is what i said after that LOL Im shocked i even got the rad after that !!anyways ,,Guys I gotta believe in this or ide loose my mind LOL What comes around goes around !!!Right?? Right!!
Old 06-25-2008, 07:56 PM
10 Second Club

wow man this is shitty i wish you the best of luck and **** them man!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-25-2008, 08:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rickys S/C Z28
wow man this is shitty i wish you the best of luck and **** them man!!!!!!!!!
Thats what im saying too!!I even went as far as to let them know the engine and turbos flushed out just fine,, and there would be no need to pull the engine, Like we first thought !!more or less letting Be Cool know I wasnt trying to make money on a bad ((**** u ation)) You know?? I wasnt even looking to have the $300 in Evans coolant replaced, or anything else we used to flush the engine & tranny. TO SAVE THEM MONEY!!!LOL And they still acted like **** you dude Try and sue us!! is more or less what i was told the owner said to me!!Via the manager,,So who knows!! Maybe the manager never even told the owner what happened,. Maybe because he's got his slow brother JOEY working in the packageing dept.Or maybe his job was all ready on line LOL He kept saying my builder should have caught it!! I was like caught what dude !!??? Please be more specifice? PLEASE !! I ordered a LS1 Auto tranny Rad, I get said rad, Dude theres 2 ports!! one on the top and one on the bottom on the same side!!JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER AUTO RAD !!and one port on the other side which was bigger and for the temp fan switch. Dude,,Should i have had on my X Ray glasses and known there was no tranny cooler INSIDE OF THIS RAD ???The box said LS1 auto tranny rad kit !!This is how they acted towards me!!I was really shocked they even sent me a new complete kit!!I mean, i knew they owed me a rad, But whats even better is ,,Summit told me to let them know how they treated me on this beings i ordered this from Summit and it was dropped shipped straight from be Cool !!and even im not that ignorant to go after Summit for this !!Summit' s been nothing but great to me guys!! The manager up there sent me two free B&M tranny coolers for free so i could fire my ride and get this stuff flushed out. Well ,i did such a nice job installing these Dope style, I decided to leave em in and not to pull this the rad and just sell the new one to help out with the cost of this night mare Summit is one of Be Cool's main suppliers.So im not done by any means with Be Cool and hopefully Summit steps in and says somthing to Be Cool on there puplic relation skills. For gods sake guys,, and i hate to use the lords name in vain BUT,,,HOW!!!does a company send you a wrong iteam that damages your car And they admitt this to you ,But still not accept(( ANY!!))responsability for there screw up????HOW???? Its mind blowing to me! While i was waiting to hear back from them i all ready had plans with rossler to redoe this tranny because now!!its no longer under his warranty since this happened and i cant blame Rossler!! Thats all i wanted Be Cool to do,Was to cover the labor to R & R the tranny, and for them to pay Rossler to clean and redoe his tranny!! which was not even fired till this rad **** happened with Be Cools rad!!
Old 06-25-2008, 10:27 PM
TECH Regular

it does suck. but be cools out will be that your installer should have flushed the tranny ports before hooking them up to remove any debris which would have uncovered the fact that the ports were not for the tranny lines. still sucks though
Old 06-25-2008, 10:59 PM
TECH Addict

Nice customer service, I hate company's like that. They don't give a rat's *** about you, that BS man. Good luck from here on in

Quick Reply: APS 35th BUILD has to all!!be redone!!