Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

It's Official.. out with N2o Injection.. In with F/I

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 07:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's Official.. out with N2o Injection.. In with F/I

Just got all this installed. Dyno'd up to 503 and ran out of injector.
Well, we're waiting a couple days for the 60 lb injectors. Thought you guys might like some carnage pics.

ya, I still need to get the right parts for the intake, but this made it work for now.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:40 PM
TECH Addict

You might look into some t bolt clamps depending on how much boost you plan on running. Looking great. How much boost did you make on the 503 run?
Old 06-13-2008, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, dunno. lol. I didn't have a boost gauge hooked up. I just got it yesterday. I also didn't have my fuel pressure gauge in there. It has a 4.10 pulley on there so it should make around 6-7 psi. Charlie (the tuner at LAPD) wanted the BAP cranked all the way up and was tuning it that way. I hope to get the gauges hooked up by the time the 60 lb injectors get here. Beer is making me a nice panel for the ash tray for my Dynotune gauges.
I'll look into those clamps. Things don't work well when they come apart.

Last edited by Todd157k; 06-13-2008 at 10:54 PM.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome to the FI section
Old 06-14-2008, 12:40 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Todd157k
Well, dunno. lol. I didn't have a boost gauge hooked up. I just got it yesterday. I also didn't have my fuel pressure gauge in there. It has a 4.10 pulley on there so it should make around 6-7 psi. Charlie (the tuner at LAPD) wanted the BAP cranked all the way up and was tuning it that way. I hope to get the gauges hooked up by the time the 60 lb injectors get here. Beer is making me a nice panel for the ash tray for my Dynotune gauges.
I'll look into those clamps. Things don't work well when they come apart.
Beer does awsome work. On my turbo buick we had t bolt and they worked perfectly. You deff. don't want air slipping by and not being read through the MAF.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jerrad
You might look into some t bolt clamps depending on how much boost you plan on running. Looking great. How much boost did you make on the 503 run?
Had I done this up front, it would have saved several days of work and lots 'o headaches.

Long story short: We had a hose blow off while making the last dyno run with the small injectors. We didn't know. We put in bigger injectors and back on the dyno... but had MAF failures. We put in a SD 2 bar tune and back on the dyno... now, no boost. We found the hose that had blown off, but kept blowing off other hoses. Finally, I figured out that's why we had "MAF failures"
We put back the MAF, took out the 2 bar MAP sensor and SD tune.

Works great now although I'm a little leery of hammering on it until I get the T Bar clamps on there.
The dyno tune pulled 515 rwhp in 113 deg heat, 5 lbs of boost. It was baaaadly overheated. We're going to run it again in some decent weather.

Last edited by Todd157k; 06-23-2008 at 01:16 PM.

Quick Reply: It's Official.. out with N2o Injection.. In with F/I