Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Whats up with the APS turbo upgrade?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 02:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Whats up with the APS turbo upgrade?????

Well the car has been sitting for 4 months now, due to the driverside turbo going out. They sent my shop a new replacement, but why would I put that turbo in there again just for it to go out again. I need the Upgrades NOW!!!
I dont see how hard it is to put two turbos and two inlet pipes in a box and ship them to the USA. I sent peter a PM and I know he got it, why not just PM me back saying something. It pisses me off I spent so much money on the damn car and now I can't drive it due to a F$#@ed up TURBO. On the other hand I went out and bought a 01 Speedway WHite Z06 to hold over my sports car needs.

All I want is a Date when its coming out. Please chime in.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:46 PM
9 Second Club

I can get the upgraded inlet ducts but I have been waiting for the turbo's. Peter will come thru.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You talked to Gen-TT???? Look them up on ls1turbo.au
Old 06-16-2008, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

if you got a replacement i don't see the point in not installing them..... APS uses oem Mitsu turbo's sometimes you get a bad one but i would not be worried about the replacement failing.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:16 PM
10 Second Club

how exactly did your turbo go bad? I had one to blow apart. It was the driver side one.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:18 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1INSANEGTO
You talked to Gen-TT???? Look them up on ls1turbo.au
You mean the kit that hangs lower than my transmission pan???
Old 06-16-2008, 09:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
You mean the kit that hangs lower than my transmission pan???
have you had 1 of these?i have and it didnt look that bad at all.the turbos tucked up on the sides of the trans.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:14 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by ddnspider
have you had 1 of these?i have and it didnt look that bad at all.the turbos tucked up on the sides of the trans.
There low to the ground. Was a major factor in my decsion to go with APS.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:51 PM
10 Second Club

There low to the ground. Was a major factor in my decsion to go with APS.
i asked if u had 1 or had seen 1 in person to see the actual ground clearance.id gladly give up the diff in ground clearance to not have to worry about turbos blowing up or pipes having to be upgraded but to each his own.good luck.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by KWIKKAR
Well the car has been sitting for 4 months now, due to the driverside turbo going out. They sent my shop a new replacement, but why would I put that turbo in there again just for it to go out again. I need the Upgrades NOW!!!
I dont see how hard it is to put two turbos and two inlet pipes in a box and ship them to the USA. I sent peter a PM and I know he got it, why not just PM me back saying something. It pisses me off I spent so much money on the damn car and now I can't drive it due to a F$#@ed up TURBO. On the other hand I went out and bought a 01 Speedway WHite Z06 to hold over my sports car needs.

That turbo has been sitting on our shelf for awhile...you should just install it untill you get the upgrades...wouldn't take long
Old 06-16-2008, 10:12 PM
9 Second Club

i asked if u had 1 or had seen 1 in person to see the actual ground clearance.id gladly give up the diff in ground clearance to not have to worry about turbos blowing up or pipes having to be upgraded but to each his own.good luck.
Every turbo kit has problems Kinda like your kit. APS kit dropped me from mid 10's to 9's. Id say its working well. I dont see your car running faster than mine.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:21 PM
10 Second Club

Every turbo kit has problems Kinda like your kit. APS kit dropped me from mid 10's to 9's. Id say its working well. I dont see your car running faster than mine.
are you kidding me dude?grow up.i dont have a gentt kit on my car for starters.and if a full turbo kit wouldnt drop you at least half a second something is seriously wrong."i dont see your car running faster than mine" that is some funny stuff right there.i bet i dont have half the money into my setup as you do.my car drives like stock,changing plugs is a joke,i can drive in the rain without crying,and its been on the cover of a book.grow the hell up....or sober up 1 of the 2.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:27 PM
9 Second Club

are you kidding me dude?grow up.i dont have a gentt kit on my car for starters.and if a full turbo kit wouldnt drop you at least half a second something is seriously wrong."i dont see your car running faster than mine" that is some funny stuff right there.i bet i dont have half the money into my setup as you do.my car drives like stock,changing plugs is a joke,i can drive in the rain without crying,and its been on the cover of a book.grow the hell up....or sober up 1 of the 2.
I am grown up. I made a choice and didnt buy that kit. This is a APS thread isnt it???? I can change my plugs easily What track times have you run since you say your so much faster than me??? Yea I dont drive mine everday. I drive my Z06 daily.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:30 PM
10 Second Club

I am grown up. I made a choice and didnt buy that kit. This is a APS thread isnt it???? I can change my plugs easily
and i said good luck and tried to end it and u started assuming u knew my setup.so lets try that again.good luck with your kit
Old 06-16-2008, 10:31 PM
9 Second Club

and i said good luck and tried to end it and u started assuming u knew my setup.so lets try that again.good luck with your kit
LOL Like that was your first turbo setup. Pot calling the kettle black. I dont need luck. I know WTF I am doing. Period! LOL J/K
Old 06-16-2008, 10:35 PM
10 Second Club

LOL Like that was your first turbo setup. Pot calling the kettle black. I dont need luck. I know WTF I am doing. Period! LOL J/K
i did have a gen-tt kit...it just never made it on the car...i just had to bust your ***** after seeing all the "APS where the hell are my pipes" threads
Old 06-16-2008, 10:36 PM
9 Second Club

i did have a gen-tt kit...it just never made it on the car...i just had to bust your ***** after seeing all the "APS where the hell are my pipes" threads
I hear yea.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:16 AM
FormerVendor

I dont see how hard it is to put two turbos and two inlet pipes in a box and ship them to the USA. I sent peter a PM and I know he got it, why not just PM me back saying something.
Sorry for my delay in getting back to you, I've been working in the shop for the last month and had very limited time to answer pms or emails.

I don't have any date right now as the priority was always the complete F body twin turbo system with larger turbos. When I have any information of the larger turbo upgrade option I will post on the FI forum.

Thanks,

Peter
Old 06-17-2008, 10:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by peter@aps

I don't have any date right now as the priority was always the complete F body twin turbo system with larger turbos. When I have any information of the larger turbo upgrade option I will post on the FI forum.

Thanks,

Peter
i thought the upgrade kit was just new turbos. same system. what the hell do you have to complete.

i am waiting for my kit to be completed. last july i sent you 5600(or something like that) for a turbo kit that will support 18psi(1000hp) and you sent me one that the tubes don't go much over 14.

so Peter, i am asking you to please send me the rest of my kit at your cost. Please send all of us APS Twin f-body guys the rest of our kit.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Once again contact Gen-TT Here is there lastest turbo upgrade for the GTO kits might wanna give them a call and see if these will work for you.

BB Turbo's
Garrett 2871R

Quick Reply: Whats up with the APS turbo upgrade?????