Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Whats up with the APS turbo upgrade?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 10:46 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

mine collapsed at 12.5 psi

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 06-17-2008, 03:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Superman09
mine collapsed at 12.5 psi

I think it has as much to do with air flow as boost. A stock CID engine would make more boost before collapse than a bigger one

mine seem to collapse just above 700RWHP which seems to be around 10 pounds of boost on my engine
Old 06-17-2008, 10:59 PM
Banned

Peter,
what the hell? seriously this delay is hurting APS. just give me a window. like by mid july. or end of june. or end of july.

just stick to what you give
Old 06-20-2008, 05:09 PM
Banned

to the top.
Peter,
you got a second. let me know.
thanks
Big Bird
Old 06-23-2008, 05:01 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Big Bird WS6
Peter,
what the hell? seriously this delay is hurting APS. just give me a window. like by mid july. or end of june. or end of july.

just stick to what you give
I'll check into the time frame for the turbo upgrade kit and get back to you shortly.

Peter
Old 06-25-2008, 09:30 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
Every turbo kit has problems Kinda like your kit. APS kit dropped me from mid 10's to 9's. Id say its working well. I dont see your car running faster than mine.
Joe, Just a quick update for your guys. The F body twin turbo upgrade package will include the following parts and systems will be availabe in approximately 6 weeks from today, mid August 08.

1) Two larger water cooled turbos with 65 lb per minute comp wheels and a largere 1.06 A/R turbine housing,

2) Upgraded 6 ply silicone air inlet hoses and hose clamps,

3) Machined starter motor adaptor to suit the required starter motor. The starter motor is made by MSD and is called an APS model, P/N 5096 to suit the LS xengine.

The starter motor is not included in the APS twin turbo upgrade system and I recommend that you guys source the starter motor via an MSD dealer.

Hope that helps,

peter
Old 06-25-2008, 09:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,305 Posts

not trying to argue or anything,just curious,but i never heard about the needing a new starter or issues with the swap bar when the kit was first introduced.why is that?
Old 06-25-2008, 10:00 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ddnspider
not trying to argue or anything,just curious,but i never heard about the needing a new starter or issues with the swap bar when the kit was first introduced.why is that?
Not sure what you are referring to as the final specifications for the large F body 427 twin turbo system has not yet been released by APS engineering until now.............nor has the final product specs for the large turbo upgrade to suit the F body twin turbo system.

What is the swap bar?

Peter
Old 06-25-2008, 10:33 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by peter@aps
Joe, Just a quick update for your guys. The F body twin turbo upgrade package will include the following parts and systems will be availabe in approximately 6 weeks from today, mid August 08.

1) Two larger water cooled turbos with 65 lb per minute comp wheels and a largere 1.06 A/R turbine housing,

2) Upgraded 6 ply silicone air inlet hoses and hose clamps,

3) Machined starter motor adaptor to suit the required starter motor. The starter motor is made by MSD and is called an APS model, P/N 5096 to suit the LS xengine.

The starter motor is not included in the APS twin turbo upgrade system and I recommend that you guys source the starter motor via an MSD dealer.

Hope that helps,

peter
Peter thats great. Ill be needed the upgrade Please PM me the price so Ill be ready. I have an account with MSD so Im not worried about the starter.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:34 PM
9 Second Club

Not sure what you are referring to as the final specifications for the large F body 427 twin turbo system has not yet been released by APS engineering until now.............nor has the final product specs for the large turbo upgrade to suit the F body twin turbo system.

What is the swap bar?

Peter
I dont know WTF a swap bar is. But I installed a kit with a sway bar no problem. Of course an aftermarket sway bar will not fit. Of course you need a new starter. Just like the speed inc twin kit. I have no starter issues with my setup. The problem I might have right now is my ducts collapsing. And I havent even had time to verify that.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:49 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,305 Posts

What is the swap bar?

Peter
ROFL...i meant sway bar.I was curious for the base kit where it said you couldnt run an aftermarket SWAY bar.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:12 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Will you be offering an upgrade package for us base kit guys then? The bigger turbos with bigger ARs might help create some lag with my 347 so i could actually find some traction on the street!

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 06-26-2008, 06:33 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ddnspider
ROFL...i meant sway bar.I was curious for the base kit where it said you couldnt run an aftermarket SWAY bar.
The F body twin turbo system was designed on a stock F body............if the system does not suit the aftermarket sway bar there's zero I can do about that as APS is not planning on altering the turbo system to suit a range if different swat bars.

Peter
Old 06-26-2008, 08:47 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Superman09
Will you be offering an upgrade package for us base kit guys then? The bigger turbos with bigger ARs might help create some lag with my 347 so i could actually find some traction on the street!
Lag is not the answer for no traction becuse when the lag is gone you will loose the traction again
Old 10-11-2008, 11:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry for my delay in getting back to you, I've been working in the shop for the last month and had very limited time to answer pms or emails.

I don't have any date right now as the priority was always the complete F body twin turbo system with larger turbos. When I have any information of the larger turbo upgrade option I will post on the FI forum.

Thanks,

Peter
Any good on these replacenent hoses peter (F BODY)I havent boosted my car yet and dont want too untill i know i have the better inlet hoses on my F body Let me know ASAP
Old 10-11-2008, 11:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default APS replacement hoses

Are these (F BODY)hoses ready yet guys ?or are we still waiting for them ?Pm me if they are, and how much they are! I havent boosted my car yet and really dont want too untill i swap the hoses out. Seems like everybody thats had a hose close, has damaged the drivers turbo? If im ready the threads correctlyLOLThanks Barnat
Old 10-12-2008, 01:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 911 Likes on 651 Posts

The F body twin turbo system was designed on a stock F body............if the system does not suit the aftermarket sway bar there's zero I can do about that as APS is not planning on altering the turbo system to suit a range if different swat bars.

Peter
I don't even think that it suits stock sway bars

Quick Reply: Whats up with the APS turbo upgrade?????