Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

in trouble

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 09:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zo6 vett
monday first thing.i tried the mail order tune once,no luck
Cool beans I know you cant tune a boosted car through the mail but they will have so magic for you to get you up there.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:13 PM
9 Second Club

Vengeance tuning a turbo car??? HMMM, I would think differently.
They do great tuning on n/a cars and and nitrous, but havn't heard to much about there tuning ability with turbo cars.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:30 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by HUNTER02SS
Vengeance tuning a turbo car??? HMMM, I would think differently.
They do great tuning on n/a cars and and nitrous, but havn't heard to much about there tuning ability with turbo cars.

Thanx for the vote of confidence Chris. While we dont "specialize" in turbo builds we are QUITE capable at tuning/building them.

We just finished a D1/402 build last week that made 790rwhp on a VERY safe tune...

We have an F Body in the shop right now getting APS twins along with an 07 Z06 getting a custom TT kit with a low compression LSX 427

We have tuned MANY customers cars with TT and blower kits that have had issues from other shops around the country.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:47 PM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

Out of interest Ron....do you do short motor deals ? Ive a friend here in the UK interested in one soon.
Didnt notice anything listed on your website.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:21 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance
Thanx for the vote of confidence Chris. While we dont "specialize" in turbo builds we are QUITE capable at tuning/building them.

We just finished a D1/402 build last week that made 790rwhp on a VERY safe tune...

We have an F Body in the shop right now getting APS twins along with an 07 Z06 getting a custom TT kit with a low compression LSX 427

We have tuned MANY customers cars with TT and blower kits that have had issues from other shops around the country.
You guy's must have stepped up in the last 6 month's on tuning turbo car's then. I know you did a few supercharged car's, but you usually post dyno #'s on everything you guy's do N/A or Nitrous, so I figured the FI side of things would be no different. Congrat's on the turbo tuning!
Who is doing all of your custom fab work now?
Old 06-30-2008, 08:52 PM
FormerVendor

I post dyno #s of combos we build. Havent had a chance to post up the 402 yet. Just finished it up Friday. If its a customer installed blower/turbo I dont post the #s as its not something we did.

As for fab work, we use APS and GenTT for turbo setups... Minor fabrication, but nothing we cant handle. We dont have the luxury of having John Lee in house
Old 06-30-2008, 08:54 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance
I post dyno #s of combos we build. Havent had a chance to post up the 402 yet. Just finished it up Friday. If its a customer installed blower/turbo I dont post the #s as its not something we did.

As for fab work, we use APS and GenTT for turbo setups... Minor fabrication, but nothing we cant handle. We dont have the luxury of having John Lee in house
Gotcha! Congrat's again on getting the turbo tuning stuff down! We need more options!
Old 07-01-2008, 12:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had the same oil issue,we tried sd to get rid of the maf.big difference!
we are at it now ,will post results, mike
Old 07-01-2008, 12:56 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

stock heads and cam? that thing should be a BREEZE to tune. You have every tool that you need, now you just need to read what is out there on the subject. Start with the HPT forums. The hardest part is done. I'd stop "playing around" with the car before the bottom ends suffers for it as well.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:01 PM
On The Tree

Default all stock

thats what i said,a breeze.i tried a mail order tune it was all wrong,injectors set for 60#.got a ifr table and ,added it to a z06 tune, from one of the guys,no luck.last night with out the MAF was the best.showed 4 deg.time knock @ 3100.will adj and try again.
do you have a easy way to connect the lm-1 analog out put to my pro interface?i have read show much i am confused.
mike please pm so i can see it

Last edited by zo6 vett; 07-01-2008 at 03:03 PM. Reason: more
Old 07-01-2008, 04:15 PM
FormerVendor

thats what i said,a breeze.i tried a mail order tune it was all wrong,injectors set for 60#.got a ifr table and ,added it to a z06 tune, from one of the guys,no luck.last night with out the MAF was the best.showed 4 deg.time knock @ 3100.will adj and try again.
do you have a easy way to connect the lm-1 analog out put to my pro interface?i have read show much i am confused.
mike please pm so i can see it
Of course a turbo car can't tuned with a mail order file. There are people who will likely claim that they can, but they are probably selling a product or service.

I use the analog out straight to the EIO connector, there are only the few wires to terminate at the EIO's input. That's it. The instructions with HPT and your LM1 tell you what is shield, grnd, and signal and it's as easy as landing three wires and screwing them down. There is a canned PID on the table view in the scanner to add an LM1 through the EIO input. There is a canned AFR error PID that works with the LM1 as well to give you % error for your VE/MAF.

What is your AFR at WOT looking like right now?

Last edited by Frost; 07-01-2008 at 10:52 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:28 PM
On The Tree

just got back,i live next to a hospital , i saw three cops just going around the block.i hit wot in third @22 Afr for a second .so Gunther hit the table a bit.still the best ive seen yet.I'll have him send a log if you like.my son and Gunther both had to go to work till nine.i am waiting to get involved with it.Gunther has been at it for two years and is a computer science major.I'll learn in time.
we have been holding the lm-1 and lap top while on a run.i'll wir them up tonight
thanks again ,mike
Old 07-01-2008, 08:18 PM
FormerVendor

just got back,i live next to a hospital , i saw three cops just going around the block.i hit wot in third @22 Afr for a

wait, it went where? That value must be a typo
Old 07-01-2008, 10:20 PM
On The Tree

hey ,i know,
it only showed on one run.we will log again tomarrow.
i just got this e-mail

Mike, I can't find your files on any of my computers. Please resend the
file that is on your PCM and I'll set it up for the 42 3 injectors and send
back as well as a representative stock file.

Charlie

this is from c.williams,
he is trying to fix my mail order tune.i sure hope this **** is over soon

Quick Reply: in trouble