Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Magna Charger installed, need help

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 01:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magna Charger installed, need help

Just install the Manga Charger on my LS1 powered 73 240Z. Car is running rich by the smell of it. What all tables need to be modified with LS1 edit to get it running right. Also will it hurt to drive it 30 miles to the tunner? Do I need to rise the fuel pressure to 64 psi to match the #5 of boost it makes? Magna wouldn't send the tunning that comes with kit because I didn't know the vin # fo my computor. I drove it a little but it wouldn't accelerate, maybe to rich. Any Ideas why?
Old 08-22-2003, 11:43 PM
Staging Lane

Default Re: Magna Charger installed, need help

first thing to do is change your injector flow rate ,is it idleing good ??? Mine idled like crap and was spitting out black soot till I did the adjustments with the #42 injectors you need to bump it up pretty good .
Old 08-23-2003, 09:16 AM
Teching In

It is searching for idle but keeps running, and after about 2 minuits it starts idleing fine. It just doesn't seem to have much power. It drives fine with just reguler driving, when I hit the gas it bogs. I'm getting it tuned next week, I was just concerned that it wasn't making good power.
Old 08-23-2003, 09:31 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Lets see some pics of that ride! I've got a Magnacharger kit coming next week for my '69 Camaro. Just picked up the forged internal 348ci LS6 yesterday to put in it.

Tony

Quick Reply: Magna Charger installed, need help