Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Single T76 LT1 Just Back from the Dyno-

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 07:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 78 Posts

lol... "While changing out cd's"
Your car and mine sound remarkably alike. I bought mine new in Nov 95 from Bill Heard Cheyrolet in Houston/Sugarland. I've always been a big fan of stealh cars that run hard but look stock since seeing a stock looking 1970 LS6 Chevelle beat a SS 454 Chevelle that had tunnel ram sticking thru the hood, dual 850 Holleys, sponsor stickers everywhere, big panted shop name all over. The sponsored car was a hometown favorite and ran very consistent, seemed to beat everyone. THen one day, these four guys from out of town show up with this plain LS6 Chevelle shows up, factory 360 degree aluminum, single carb manifold. We all looked under the hood and thought, "what an idiot. Racing for $200 with this?!". To top it off, the driver looked loopy. Tall, skinny and looked like he'd been drunk very recently. We were all blown away when he absolutely stomped the big sponsored car. This was at a local dragstrip so it was legit and the sponsored car ran his usual numbers. Up till that point, I'd been putting stickers from every part I bought on my car, proud of the purchase. Afterwards I decided I'd much rather be "Rich than Famous" and went for the stealth aspect. Other than my Intercooler out front, you can't tell my car isn't stock. Quiet, no loping (which I admit, I love loping cams), no smelly exhaust(though no cats), no cam surge, stock wheels, stock tire sizes, not lowered, on and on. Consequently, I have been jumped on by about everything. WRX's, Turbo Neons, VW GTI's, BMW's, Mustangs, Sport Bikes, etc. I keep waiting for a GTO, fellow Fbody, Vettes or Vipers but so far, no luck

Considering the metrics of your 11.4 pass, that MPH is amazing! Congrats.

When the temps get down a bit, I'll head over to Austin and perhaps you and I can head to The Salt Lick or Rudys or Herberts (San Marco's) and then off to SAR?
Old 08-05-2008, 07:53 AM
TECH Addict

I sent Bryan Herter (Tuner from PCM4Less that created my Tune) a post about the success at the dyno and that I was considering a Blitz Electronic Boost Controller. He replied that he was more a fan of Manual Boost Controllers and said he really likes the "Joe P" Manual Boost Controllers. I'm giving them a look at their web site. Looks nice and simple and even their high end version is a 1/4 of the price of the Blitz Electronic I was considering buying.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mightyquickz28
lol... "While changing out cd's"
Your car and mine sound remarkably alike. I bought mine new in Nov 95 from Bill Heard Cheyrolet in Houston/Sugarland. I've always been a big fan of stealh cars that run hard but look stock since seeing a stock looking 1970 LS6 Chevelle beat a SS 454 Chevelle that had tunnel ram sticking thru the hood, dual 850 Holleys, sponsor stickers everywhere, big panted shop name all over. The sponsored car was a hometown favorite and ran very consistent, seemed to beat everyone. THen one day, these four guys from out of town show up with this plain LS6 Chevelle shows up, factory 360 degree aluminum, single carb manifold. We all looked under the hood and thought, "what an idiot. Racing for $200 with this?!". To top it off, the driver looked loopy. Tall, skinny and looked like he'd been drunk very recently. We were all blown away when he absolutely stomped the big sponsored car. This was at a local dragstrip so it was legit and the sponsored car ran his usual numbers. Up till that point, I'd been putting stickers from every part I bought on my car, proud of the purchase. Afterwards I decided I'd much rather be "Rich than Famous" and went for the stealth aspect. Other than my Intercooler out front, you can't tell my car isn't stock. Quiet, no loping (which I admit, I love loping cams), no smelly exhaust(though no cats), no cam surge, stock wheels, stock tire sizes, not lowered, on and on. Consequently, I have been jumped on by about everything. WRX's, Turbo Neons, VW GTI's, BMW's, Mustangs, Sport Bikes, etc. I keep waiting for a GTO, fellow Fbody, Vettes or Vipers but so far, no luck

Considering the metrics of your 11.4 pass, that MPH is amazing! Congrats.

When the temps get down a bit, I'll head over to Austin and perhaps you and I can head to The Salt Lick or Rudys or Herberts (San Marco's) and then off to SAR?
I bought mine in December of 95! I do have 335/35/17's out back but with only a 3" exhaust. I was at Maxwell Dodge ( this is where I tune my customers cars) they have a Dyno and it was Hemi day, There were a few Hemi cars and trucks, usual bolt ons and a Viper, they all dynoed and were gathered up around the Viper, The baddest Hemi put down like 417 and the Stock Viper I believe was around 455 or so, I then put my car on the Dyno and one of the Hemi members was there next to me and saw my numbers, there it made like 635, after that all of the club was standing next to my car except the Viper guy, he was pissed that they were not slobbering over his car anymore, One guy said how in the hell do you make that much power out of that little exhaust !!LOL..Yea if you are ever in the area give me a call and like you said maybe we can meet up, Hopefully my car will be done soon. Not many more LT1's out there sans the big bad LT1 of Tony Shepard, I sponsor him.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mightyquickz28
I sent Bryan Herter (Tuner from PCM4Less that created my Tune) a post about the success at the dyno and that I was considering a Blitz Electronic Boost Controller. He replied that he was more a fan of Manual Boost Controllers and said he really likes the "Joe P" Manual Boost Controllers. I'm giving them a look at their web site. Looks nice and simple and even their high end version is a 1/4 of the price of the Blitz Electronic I was considering buying.
Im running a manual. I just dont see the point of spending all that money when Im just going to get it tuned and leave the boost alone.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:05 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the point is that you WILL eventually want to play with the boost. Manual boost controllers are very dangerous... too touchy and not repeatable, recommend electronic.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:06 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tiago
the point is that you WILL eventually want to play with the boost. Manual boost controllers are very dangerous... too touchy and not repeatable, recommend electronic.
Smart man right there....
Old 08-05-2008, 04:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice LT1 numbers ! Take some video of the car and post it....
Old 08-05-2008, 05:08 PM
TECH Addict

Really? Well.. I must reconsider then.
Thanks for your input guys!
As far as video... I have to get that going.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:19 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good Job on the numbers man!

Looks like you have a pretty solid setup at your disposal
Old 08-10-2008, 09:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice #s

Quick Reply: Single T76 LT1 Just Back from the Dyno-