Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

1000rwhp Warhawk + TTix build

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 06:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

saw your car on the Corvette forum and it looked great on there. qouple of questions though,

how come you chose the TTi kit??

and why are you going for the rad with the intrigated oil cooler?? i hear bad things about them form the Road race gusy.

its going to be one mean car thats for sure!

Chris.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:27 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chuntington101
saw your car on the Corvette forum and it looked great on there. qouple of questions though,

how come you chose the TTi kit??

and why are you going for the rad with the intrigated oil cooler?? i hear bad things about them form the Road race gusy.

its going to be one mean car thats for sure!

Chris.
Hey bro, guess what I got banned off the CF so im not going back there lol...

Well, I dont have a really good experience with APS "customer service" and I had a look at the TTi kit which seemed like a really good piece, also the APS guys are having a little heating issues with the dual intercoolers and EOC thats placed in the center completely blocking off airflow to the radiator.

The TTi kit has the intercooler placed in a very steep angle (somethng ive never seen before in a Z06) and does NOT block radiator flow which impressed me a lot for starters, that along with the rad + EOC should be perfect in our weather.

Well my car wont see any road racing, its strictly a street car, I think this is the best combo, otherwise ill have to sandwich another heat exchanger and block air to the one after it example:

My Vortech Z06 had the engine oil cooler which sat infront of the intercooler which was infront of the radiator followed by the A/C condenser. All those 4 heat exchangers were breathing from one source of air which sucks...

Also the seems TTi's choice of the turbos seem to make HUGE mid-range torque, about 200 more Lb-ft of torque at 3500rpm which is huge if you ask me, they sure will die out before the APS's Garretts but its a trade off you have to make.

The TTi does cost a little less as well, and the guys "George and Nick" are great to deal with!!
Old 08-11-2008, 08:44 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is your motor being built by HKE?
Old 08-13-2008, 03:52 AM
Teching In

Man iam jealous the wheels look really cool, by the way when r u commin back frm UK i am dieing to SC my Z.
What date do you expect the "jin a7mar" to be ready
Old 08-13-2008, 04:43 AM
8 Second Club

loool, "jini ahmar "

great build man! (only in the gulf that the absolute most important mod to make is to tint or solar guard the windows )

just one question , why not use an external oil cooler , and maybe relocate it somewhere away from the radiator ( a friend of mine is doing that to his vette and installing the cooler and a fan in the fender)

how's traffic treating you in dubai

and i thought you guys had 98 octane in your stations not 93??

and definatly keep us posted !
Old 08-13-2008, 04:54 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by zeshawn
Man iam jealous the wheels look really cool, by the way when r u commin back frm UK i am dieing to SC my Z.
What date do you expect the "jin a7mar" to be ready
Bro we need to get working on your arabic a little but not bad for starters really haha...

and thx, I know the wheels look hot I cant wait to get back myself, hopefully on the 24th, and well supercharge ur Z too

Originally Posted by 1dirtyZ
loool, "jini ahmar "

great build man! (only in the gulf that the absolute most important mod to make is to tint or solar guard the windows )

just one question , why not use an external oil cooler , and maybe relocate it somewhere away from the radiator ( a friend of mine is doing that to his vette and installing the cooler and a fan in the fender)

how's traffic treating you in dubai

and i thought you guys had 98 octane in your stations not 93??

and definatly keep us posted !
Done with the tint, thnk god, driving the car the past few days before I left for holiday was more comfortable!!

Now again with regards to the engine oil cooler. I think (seriously not sure), that the radiator with built in oil cooler has MORE capacity than the stock radiator for the coolant, and a better capacity for the oil. I didn't think of having it placed in a weird location, ill then have to figure out if that place is getting enough ambient air, especialy with the big *** intercooler covering up the front.

So again, ill have to wait and see the results before I can fully comment on this

Notice how big the intercooler is

[edit] with regards to the fuel, our 98 octane = US 93/94 octane and our 95 = 91 US, some people get confused and think we have better fuel, well no idea IF its a little better quality or something, but the octane rating is basically the same.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:11 AM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The kit will perform. The worry need to be more on install..
Old 08-13-2008, 05:34 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by VINCE
The kit will perform. The worry need to be more on install..
thats exactly why I havent slept all night, I think I need some anti-depressants or something to keep me cooled down

The engine install should be straight forward, still wondering if I should start and or drive the new engine a little before getting the TT on. On the other hand, things like the injectors+ driver box, fuel system + BAP and most importantly the TUNE is worrying me.

The Fuel system design basically means, the car will be utilizing the stock fuel pump until 600rwhp where the A&A fuel system kicks in and shut off the stock system, and when boost ramps up a little more the BAP kicks in to pump out even more fuel out of the A&A system, so its like 3-stages.

https://www.aandacorvette.com/cart/s...p?MainCatID=40

What am I trying to say? Im doing all this and I dont know **** lol

Last edited by ayousef; 08-13-2008 at 06:36 AM.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:03 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ayousef

What am I trying to say? I'm doing all this and I don't know **** lol
That's funny! Bob
Old 08-13-2008, 06:44 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
That's funny! Bob
I know it is really

but its all interesting for me, you can't imagine how much I learned in the last two months, and how much know-how ill have after all this is done.

I spent the extra dollar to insure whatever I get is made to fit onto a C6Z with absolutely no customization, everything should click in nicely, including the engine itself which is a complete Warhawk long-block btw (minus intake) so it should "bolt on" along with the rest of the parts =D

Plus no worries, since im not personally going to install the parts either lol, the certified Corvette tech will take care of that, so just wish me goodluck
Old 08-13-2008, 06:56 AM
9 Second Club

Awesome build so far! However I didn't read anywhere what you did with the orginal 427 that came out of the car? So basically what I'm asking is can I have the LS7 that came out of the car? I'll pay shipping! LOL!

Good Luck and keep us posted!
Old 08-13-2008, 06:59 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Carter01
Awesome build so far! However I didn't read anywhere what you did with the orginal 427 that came out of the car? So basically what I'm asking is can I have the LS7 that came out of the car? I'll pay shipping! LOL!

Good Luck and keep us posted!
I am gonna sell it seriously. I got two LS7's sitting at home, one that has kinda 35k miles, and the other one with barely 1000miles, which will go off really soon.

And besides, I dont know what a reasonable price to sell the engine for, i know a new one sells for just a little under $14K
Old 08-13-2008, 07:25 AM
8 Second Club

i think i know some one in riyadh , saudi arabia that will be willing to buy one from you

who is doing the work for you if you don't mind me asking ??
Old 08-13-2008, 10:51 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

Looks like a great build.

Warhawk blocks are getting mixed reviews, if you look around, need more work than most folks are expecting.

Are you running stock size tires with rims?
Old 08-13-2008, 01:05 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I dont think you should be installing the setup. Ship the car to the U.S. and get it installed by someone who has installed a similar package. From reading your post I can see a ton of post with the heading TTi X when the heading should be "I dont know what I am doing!" No need to accidentally smear a vendor when it is OBVIOUS you are in WAY over your head.

Originally Posted by ayousef
thats exactly why I havent slept all night, I think I need some anti-depressants or something to keep me cooled down

The engine install should be straight forward, still wondering if I should start and or drive the new engine a little before getting the TT on. On the other hand, things like the injectors+ driver box, fuel system + BAP and most importantly the TUNE is worrying me.

The Fuel system design basically means, the car will be utilizing the stock fuel pump until 600rwhp where the A&A fuel system kicks in and shut off the stock system, and when boost ramps up a little more the BAP kicks in to pump out even more fuel out of the A&A system, so its like 3-stages.

https://www.aandacorvette.com/cart/s...p?MainCatID=40

What am I trying to say? Im doing all this and I dont know **** lol
Old 08-13-2008, 04:04 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by VINCE
I dont think you should be installing the setup. Ship the car to the U.S. and get it installed by someone who has installed a similar package. From reading your post I can see a ton of post with the heading TTi X when the heading should be "I dont know what I am doing!" No need to accidentally smear a vendor when it is OBVIOUS you are in WAY over your head.
Bro again,

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....6&postcount=30
Just because Ive never done it, doesnt mean I cannot do it. How will you learn if you dont try something new? consider me a risk taker...

it may sound like the stupidest thing ever, but trust me very soon youll see things coming together, and ill be driving the car every single day. People told me the same thing when it came to my Supercharged ~615rwhp Z06, no one believed I could do it, I ended up doing everything myself and drove the car 35,000 miles (not even a single problem) until it went into an accident (totalled, ended up buying a new one), so I kinda know this car inside out.

Thing is, im a very anxious person to begin with, why? Notice when I ask about something, I get 500 answers where only one makes sense, that simply confuses you more. Im ended up figuring out there is no RIGHT or WRONG way of modding a car, take it as an art, and thats what seperates each tuner from the other.

I know you're simply trying to help, but that defeats the entire purpose of me doing this, If its simply down to throwing some cash, then anyone with a little extra change can ask a shop to do him a similar build and not know wtf is going on. Now ofcourse if things DO get messed up, no vendor will take the blame, since all the vendors I choose are the BEST, if something went wrong it will have to be from my side, or coincidence

Now If I do take it to a shop and that shop messes my car - believe me I know of a few extremely famous tuners (without mentioning who) that have destroyed some of my fellows cars - thats worse because they take the big hit, if I destroy my car myself simply nothing happens.

Sorry i know that was kinda long.

Last edited by ayousef; 08-13-2008 at 05:24 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:01 PM
On The Tree

Good luck sir....

What cam are you running in your set up anyway? Dont copy my cool sleeper cam. haha. jk.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:01 PM
9 Second Club

Why did you get banned on CF? (in a nut-shell)
Old 08-13-2008, 08:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ninetres
Why did you get banned on CF? (in a nut-shell)
I was curious about this as well, I let it be known, that I was not happy with the decision...
Old 08-13-2008, 09:01 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mr.Big
I was curious about this as well, I let it be known, that I was not happy with the decision...
Soooooooooooooo wtf happened?

Quick Reply: 1000rwhp Warhawk + TTix build