Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Ultimate "Safe" meth system???

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 04:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Ultimate "Safe" meth system???

Guys just bought the braided Dual nozzle setup from AIS, and I plan to buy there assembled kit as well so I can hide it in my trunk area. I have seen many nice kits over the years such as the alky control kit and the snow performance kit, and I believe there is pros and cons to each.

If you guys were going to build the Ultimate FAIL SAFE kit how would you do it?? What safetly items would you have on your kit and who makes them??

ON a side note, I am running a 5 wire Truck MAF sensor on my LT1 setup that has the built in IAT sensor in the MAF sensor housing. I also have a FAST IAT setup so I basically place the sensor anywhere I want.
I find this bit of information intereting?
You want to spray your meth so that it hits the IAT sensor. Then you can tune the base spark aggressively, but back it out based on high IATs. This way, if you ever have a problem with the meth your IAT's will shoot up and the PCM will pull out timing and save the motor?
Is this true???
Old 09-04-2008, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1.light to show its on.
2.some sort of purge to clean the lines
3.warning light for low pressure or low fluid

that all off my top of my head
Old 09-04-2008, 04:52 PM
11 Second Club

might want to call alchy control, julio has a wealth of knowledge about meth that is hard to find.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

get a pressure switch thats safe for methanol say a 100psi hobbs switch etc.

let it give a ground to a giant *** red light that shines in your face if the meth pressure drops below your preset psi

share your meth pump power wire with its power wire so it can only cut on when the pump is on.

it will likely flicker for a second, you can consider this as a sign that the pump just cut on
Old 09-04-2008, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just seen this
http://www.snowperformance.net/product.php?pk=13
snow performance offers this, probably can get it to work with the AIS kit????

let it give a ground to a giant *** red light that shines in your face if the meth pressure drops below your preset psi

share your meth pump power wire with its power wire so it can only cut on when the pump is on.

it will likely flicker for a second, you can consider this as a sign that the pump just cut on
Mightymouse that is a great idea, is that what you use??? Where did you get the pressure switch??
Old 09-04-2008, 06:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alky Control - comes with basically everything you could want.
Great progressive controller, purge button, low pressure/full pressure LED, low fluid LED, works off of a GM 2 or 3 bar MAP.

It's not a cheap kit, but it's the best one on the market hands down.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Don't know why an alky kit would need a purge line, a lot different than a nitrous setup??

In all honesty the snow performance "safeinjection" setup looks like it does just about everything, I can run that to an LED light to worn me of any failures?
Old 09-04-2008, 07:16 PM
10 Second Club

It's more prime, not a purge. It turns the pump on @ low pressure to get it primed and just sprays the meth into the engine, not a separate purge line.
With the alchy kit all you have to do is add another nozzle down the road, the pump will support over 1000 hp. I can't speak for the other kits on that.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:47 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE

It's funny that you mention that, just a few hours ago I was asking a guy I work with what on earth anyone would ever do, outside of process/machine use, with a Hobbs switch with a rating that high... The switches I carry have a nice weather sealed connector instead of ring terminals too, though the switches with a switch point that high I don't keep on hand. http://www.lsxtune.com/shop/index.php/cPath/129_174

The Alkycontrol kit pretty much has this all built in though. It has a 2 color LED that is red if the pump is running and turns green when the pump is running and the meth line has solid high pressure on it. And the turn on point is adjustable.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

The Alkycontrol kit pretty much has this all built in though. It has a 2 color LED that is red if the pump is running and turns green when the pump is running and the meth line has solid high pressure on it. And the turn on point is adjustable.
Am I missing something?? When I look on alkyControls website it doesn't have anything listed for the guys putting a kit together?? I am really just wanting to do a AIS system but with a Fail safe controller.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:32 PM
10 Second Club

Joel will probably sell you individual parts, but he's just got the entire kits listed on his web page I think. FYI I'm pretty sure you need to use his pump with his controller & vise versa. The pump has to be modified in some way for the controller. Call him and talk to him on the phone, he's a very helpful guy. Top notch customer service too.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:16 PM
TECH Resident

For redundancy, you can also choose a wideband with a configurable external output trigger... like the eBoost2. You can choose trigger points based on TPS, RPM, and AFR (or combinations of these) and it will trigger another circuit (could be a shiftlight, audible alarm, etc.) So you're into 80%+ throttle and the AFR is over 13 (or whatever) and *bing* there's your alarm.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

For redundancy, you can also choose a wideband with a configurable external output trigger... like the eBoost2. You can choose trigger points based on TPS, RPM, and AFR (or combinations of these) and it will trigger another circuit (could be a shiftlight, audible alarm, etc.) So you're into 80%+ throttle and the AFR is over 13 (or whatever) and *bing* there's your alarm.
Interesting, that way I wouldn't have to worry about running anymore accessories on the meth kit.
Good info, keep it coming.

Just looked, looks like the eboost2 setup is in the 700-800 range??? Pretty expensive warning system IMO.

Last edited by T/A KID; 09-04-2008 at 11:55 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:52 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Get an alkycontrol kit. Don't look back.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Can I install the alky kit in the back??? I already have the AIS braided line with the dual setup, I could just connect it to the alkycontrol kit I suppose.

Got a few places to call tomarrow.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Don't tune a street car for full-time methanol injection-- if it fails or goes dry, you're dead. Instead, dial in the best tune (rich) without the meth. That will be your fail safe and when the meth kicks-in, it'll make great power.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:51 AM
Banned

just buy a snow kit.

sorry had to say it. i like snow.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:25 AM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RW99
yep, works great.
i used my DynoJet Wideband commander for this.
it carries similar set points, activation on/off via rpm/tps and afr. worked like a champ..the little warning light built into the gauge definately lets you know if somethings up..i had it in the top of a triple A pillar pod..the gauge was right in my face, the little light was definately bright enough to get your attention when it goes off. LOL
Old 09-05-2008, 10:03 AM
TECH Resident

i used my DynoJet Wideband commander for this.
Yah, you fixed my mistake for me... I meant to say the Dynojet WBC, of course, but my brain misfired and I mentioned my eBoost2. My bad. The eBoost is an electronic boost controller with varied (and complicated) features. All that stuff I wrote about above (external triggering, etc.) AND the little integrated warning light are features of the Dynojet Wideband Commander. And it will log data for you with an external toggle and keep it in memory until you want to hitch up the laptop and upload it for analysis. This wideband costs something more like $400.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:07 PM
On The Tree

So the snow performance kit for 199, should do everything I would need for a basic meth kit?

Quick Reply: Ultimate "Safe" meth system???