Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Just bought a procharger what do i need????

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008 | 04:44 PM
Staging Lane

OK so i just installed the procharger and its up and running minus the fuel pump and injectors but at least running on the jackstands, but i have a question, is the bypass valve suppose to be open at idel because it just barley leaks alitle air out until u get the rpms up alittle is when it opens a little bit more i have the vacum source t'd off the brake booster, is the somthing wrong or is that normal?
Thanks
Old 10-14-2008 | 07:19 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 99CAMMEDSS
OK so i just installed the procharger and its up and running minus the fuel pump and injectors but at least running on the jackstands, but i have a question, is the bypass valve suppose to be open at idel because it just barley leaks alitle air out until u get the rpms up alittle is when it opens a little bit more i have the vacum source t'd off the brake booster, is the somthing wrong or is that normal?
Thanks
We tee off the ac Hvac line on the passenger side of the firewall, which has given us the best source without the valve chirping like a bird. The bypass valve should bypass the boost until the vacuum is at or near zero vacuum, which happens when going into wide open throttle. Bob
Old 10-24-2008 | 09:36 PM
Staging Lane

Ok i just got the injectors and fuel pump installed fired right up but was very rich with tons of smoke and some raw fuel in the exhaust, so im guessing i need a tune right because of going from stock to 60lbs injectors?
Old 10-25-2008 | 05:14 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 99CAMMEDSS
Ok i just got the injectors and fuel pump installed fired right up but was very rich with tons of smoke and some raw fuel in the exhaust, so im guessing i need a tune right because of going from stock to 60lbs injectors?
If you don't have a base tune in there for the 60 pound injectors, you have probably fouled out the spark plugs. I'd replace the spark plugs and don't fire the engine up until you get a tune for the 60 pound injectors. Bob
Old 10-28-2008 | 08:51 PM
Staging Lane

Well im about ready to start tuning so i was just wondering what afr and timing should i shoot for?

Quick Reply: Just bought a procharger what do i need????