Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger bypass/surge valve question (boost)

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 06:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procharger bypass/surge valve question (boost)

I am looking to get a used kit and apparently the guy I'm buying it from was seeing 12psi with a large cam on his car. My car has the stock cam and my question is can I adjust the boost with the surge/bypass valve like a wga on a turbo car? If his car was seeing 12psi with a big cam, with the same pulley and belt, would I be boosting a lot more?

I'm still in the learning process with cars and through the reading I've done on here I see that people are using different pulleys/belts to raise/lower their boost. The guy installing the kit for me hasn't mentioned a new pulley and asked me how much boost I want to run. I just want to run as much as safely possible. I don't want to break anything YET and I'm just looking to get around 500hp-550hp (about as much as possible before stock stuff starts to break from what I've been reading) Any info is appreciated.

My only mods now are lt's and exhaust. I had slp cai, lid, bellow, ported tb but the guy I'm buying the kit from is trading me his 80mm tb & Maf for my stock stuff.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just change the pulley to put the boost where you want it. I wouldn't go to a 80 mm maf, either use a 2 bar SD or the stock MAF.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:07 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TRBOTYZ
I am looking to get a used kit and apparently the guy I'm buying it from was seeing 12psi with a large cam on his car. My car has the stock cam and my question is can I adjust the boost with the surge/bypass valve like a wga on a turbo car? If his car was seeing 12psi with a big cam, with the same pulley and belt, would I be boosting a lot more?

I'm still in the learning process with cars and through the reading I've done on here I see that people are using different pulleys/belts to raise/lower their boost. The guy installing the kit for me hasn't mentioned a new pulley and asked me how much boost I want to run. I just want to run as much as safely possible. I don't want to break anything YET and I'm just looking to get around 500hp-550hp (about as much as possible before stock stuff starts to break from what I've been reading) Any info is appreciated.

My only mods now are lt's and exhaust. I had slp cai, lid, bellow, ported tb but the guy I'm buying the kit from is trading me his 80mm tb & Maf for my stock stuff.
Yes, with your stock cam you would see more boost than he was. I would shoot for 8 psi on a stock bottom end, and the boost is adjusted by swapping the blower pulley, not by adjusting the bypass valve. There is a number stamped on the side of the pulley, let us know what it is. Bob
Old 09-13-2008, 07:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
There is a number stamped on the side of the pulley, let us know what it is. Bob
Thanks, I am checking with the guy that is doing the work. I think he may have gone home for the day though. He would have had it all together already if he had gotten the key when he got the balancer.

Quick Reply: Procharger bypass/surge valve question (boost)