Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

4l80 dipstick questions..bottom console,few other questions?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 01:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 4l80 dipstick questions..bottom console,few other questions?

Read to use the lokar flexible dipstick found them on jegs. But do I want the trans mount or firewall mount one? two part numbers for this.

Also can I just put auto top piece on my m6 bottom piece are the auto and manual bottom pieces the same?

Does gm sell the 4l60 harness separetly and if so how much and part number if anyone has one? Is it hard to take the trans harness out of wrecked car?
No advantage to using an auto ecu from same year is there if going to 4l80 and guess have to have hptuners mod the file anyway?
Old 09-14-2008, 01:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just learned, and confirmed at the dealership, the bottom console piece for the auto and manual are the same, dont think you need a new harness? you can proly just mod yours alittle, but i did a swap from auto to m6 so im not completly sure on that
Old 09-14-2008, 01:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the firewall mount so it goes up into the engine bay. The other one is very short and would be a pain to check the fluid. Yes you can use the m6 bottom and a4 upper. Be sure to do the clearancing before you get the tranny up in. That was my biggest problem. I ended up just drilling a hole from inside the care on the tunnel to run the harness through.