Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Advice needed... very simple questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 05:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Advice needed... very simple questions

Looks like I may be back into the FI section. Got a few questions though...

I'll be running a single GT76 mm turbo t4 good for at least 1000hp. I will only want to push 12lbs @ max through a 3" DP, mostly I'll like to keep it around 8lbs. The motor is already built 8.5:1 CR for it.

--Injector sizes??--
Is 42 lbs too small? Should I go with 60's?

--Fuel Pumps--
What would you recommend to be the most reliable/cost efficient setup for under $350? 2 in-tank Walbros?

--BOV??--
Size and brands. Are either important?

--Wastegate sizes??--
Is 38mm too small? 44mm? or larger?

I think that's all the questions I have for now. Just trying to budget out my expenses. I'll have the hot pipes, intercooler, flanges, & turbo. Wonder how much it'll cost to complete the parts list? Thanks!
Old 09-21-2008, 06:05 PM
Staging Lane

42s are too small, get 60s at least. 2 in-tank walbro 255s ought to keep up. BOV - stick with the big names. Wastegate - at least a 44.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Turbosmart Turbosmart Turbosmart!!! For BOV's and WG's!

I really do think the 42's might be fine, but if your motor is built already, why only run 8 psi? Are you stock cubic inches? What heads? Please, just get the 60#-ers.

FYI, I run a Turbosmart 38mm WG and it held down 7 psi for me for two years and many beatings... It never complained. Now it's been holding 16/17 psi another two years just fine. I've never even had to take a look at it.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:10 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by candlelit
Looks like I may be back into the FI section. Got a few questions though...

I'll be running a single GT76 mm turbo t4 good for at least 1000hp. I will only want to push 12lbs @ max through a 3" DP, mostly I'll like to keep it around 8lbs. The motor is already built 8.5:1 CR for it.

--Injector sizes??--
Is 42 lbs too small? Should I go with 60's?

--Fuel Pumps--
What would you recommend to be the most reliable/cost efficient setup for under $350? 2 in-tank Walbros?

--BOV??--
Size and brands. Are either important?

--Wastegate sizes??--
Is 38mm too small? 44mm? or larger?

I think that's all the questions I have for now. Just trying to budget out my expenses. I'll have the hot pipes, intercooler, flanges, & turbo. Wonder how much it'll cost to complete the parts list? Thanks!
A single 76mm probally wont hit 1000hp unless you have nitrous.

Injectors - 72's atleast , you will probally have to step up to 83s to hit 1000.

Fuel pump - 2 x 255 is enough fuel, however the rest of the fuel system is the expensive part, all fittings, lines, and regulator will run you quite a bit more.

Bov - I would not settle for anything less then a TiAL sport or a TurboSmart

Wastegate - Same with the WG TiAL or TS, i would look for a 38-44mm unit, the 44s tend to have a Vband for easier install and better seal.

As most people say, with Fi take your budget and double it and your about where you need to be. Not trying to sway you away from doing it, but 1000hp reliably is NOT cheap by any means.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks everyone.

well, I'm not planned on trying for 1000hp. I'm looking for a mid 500's DD. no idea why I said it's rating, sorry to misinform. and the reason why only 8 daily PSI on a forged motor is because I want to stay very conservative and not push anything. no reason to run 15psi if you can't control it on the street & not outrun someone because of too much power.

I'll be sure to get 60's and probably 2 walbros.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:38 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

60s and 2 walbros is what I'm running. If you have any questions PM me, I'm local. Or hit me up on okgmp - same s/n.

Quick Reply: Advice needed... very simple questions