Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

which supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 07:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which supercharger?

Well I found out today that my ws6 is the only car I own that is made before 2005 which happens to be the year of cut off for emissions testing. All cars made before 05 still need to get emissions tested every 2 years. Now I was thinking about going a big heads and cam setup but I don't think that is going to work anymore. Now my question is how well would this setup perform and would I pass emissions?

Procharger
texas speed 1 7/8th LT headers with tsp catted Y pipe
borla catback or b&b tri flo catback

What else do I need to really get this thing to perform? i don't want to spend too much on this car but I do want it to be fun. I have a 2006 corvette which will now get a heads and cam package instead

Anyways I'm a total newb when it comes to engines etc. I have heard from someone else the procharger is a good kit thats easy to install (I'm not installing it myself but I guess less labor) If some other supercharger package woudl be better please suggest it. If any other mods are needed please suggest those as well. Also will this car still have the ability to be daily driven after those mods?

Thanks in advance!!

Ricky
Old 09-28-2008, 07:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Procharger kits are great. I'd recomend a D1SC, but a P1SC is plenty for a stock bottom end. Chances are you'll want to upgrade eventually. Depending on the year of your car you might want to get an LS6 intake as well. If you don't beat on the car too bad you should be able to keep the drive train alive for a while, but eventually you'll need a built trans if it's an auto, or a clutch (most likely immediately) if it's M6. Sticky tires and you'll break the rear end.
You will need to upgrade the fuel system as well.

Also, I think the P1SC kit has CARB #, which would mean you can put it on the C6. You'll just need a good tune and cats and a friendly inspector to pass you on the visual if you put headers on it. Should pass emissions testing no problem
Old 09-28-2008, 10:19 PM
Staging Lane

what is the power difference in the d1sc and p1sc and the price difference? The car is a 2001 will I need the ls6 intake? What else would I need? (Don't know enough about engines to know what else needs to be upgraded/modified) will 4.10 gears and a new clutch be enough or will I need to get it built immediately (car is m6)? How much is it to get a "built" trans?
Old 09-28-2008, 10:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by srtricky
Well I found out today that my ws6 is the only car I own that is made before 2005 which happens to be the year of cut off for emissions testing. All cars made before 05 still need to get emissions tested every 2 years. Now I was thinking about going a big heads and cam setup but I don't think that is going to work anymore. Now my question is how well would this setup perform and would I pass emissions?

Procharger
texas speed 1 7/8th LT headers with tsp catted Y pipe
borla catback or b&b tri flo catback

What else do I need to really get this thing to perform? i don't want to spend too much on this car but I do want it to be fun. I have a 2006 corvette which will now get a heads and cam package instead

Anyways I'm a total newb when it comes to engines etc. I have heard from someone else the procharger is a good kit thats easy to install (I'm not installing it myself but I guess less labor) If some other supercharger package woudl be better please suggest it. If any other mods are needed please suggest those as well. Also will this car still have the ability to be daily driven after those mods?

Thanks in advance!!

Ricky
I don't want to sound rude, but after reading "don't wan't to spend too much $$"......FI isn't for you. Stick with a HC setup using a cam with a wider LSA for less overlap (helps emissions) such as a 228/228 .588/.588 114LSA and a good set of heads (AFR, Trickflow, etc).

FI will cost you 25-50% more than you think it will, or $5K-10K depending on the setup, supporting mods, mods to handle the added power, etc.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:42 PM
10 Second Club

A P1 will take you to the limits of the stock motor. I wouldn't bother spending the money on gears in the stock rear end - wait until you break it and buy a 9". The stock m6 will hold up fine for a while, but you will need a clutch. 2001 cars came with an LS6 intake.
Headers, cat back and a P1 will be a whole other ball game from where you are now.
The advantage of the D1 is if you push the stock motor too far and blow it up you may as well go to a built motor. At that point you'll be wishing you had the D1 so you can push things farther.
Read the stickies at the top, FI is probably a lot more expensive than most initially think it is.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:33 AM
Staging Lane

its not the expensive that worries me. Its after throwing on a supercharger changing almost everything in the car and then making it less reliable with things breaking all the time etc. Keep costs low = not as many things changed = car isn't being pushed to the limits = don't need to get a built motor etc. I was thinking I could have it procharged and everything that needs to me modded for about 10k? Will it cost more then that? My concern is keeping it emissions legal for vancouver canada.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:43 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Here is a list that I put together that may help you out.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=540 Bob
Old 09-29-2008, 11:26 AM
10 Second Club

Procharger

Quick Reply: which supercharger?