Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Highly Recommended/ Racing GM EFI Fuel Filter

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Highly Recommended/ Racing GM EFI Fuel Filter

I highly recommend the Canton Racing Products GM EFI fuel filter part #25 909. It flows 90 gallons per minute and is a direct fit for the OEM unit.It uses a billet case that is unscrewable, for inspection of the filter. All you have to do, from then on out is just replace the element. The outside case is virtually indestructable.It is an excellent choice for those running nitrous or high horspower applications. You definitely don't want any kind of restriction in your fuel system, so why not use a purpose made filter.Plus if you run gas from the pump, you could damn sure use it. You'd be suprised at how filthy gasoline can be. You get all kinds of things in a fuel system such as, water, dirt/sand, mineral deposits etc. A street car should have it changed every ten thousand miles. A race car would need at the end of every race, and a drag racer after a night of strip acitvity. It's cheap insurance against replacing a short block because you scorched the pistons when it ran lean.

This filter unit has been on my car since last March. Originally, I had replaced the filter on my car with a replacement unit and noticed that the car wasn't quite up to par. This got me thinking, and I remembered what the guys at the track always ran. I wanted something that had more consistent quality than an OEM unit made in some far east sweat shop, on a cheap bid. I did have to reuse the plastic snap fittings from the OEM unit. For those that have not ever heard of Canton Racing. They are a manufacturer of dry sump systems, oil pans, and filtration systems for the racing community.They are well known in NASCAR, and just about all of your road racing,and circle track series. So their stuff works. They advertise mainly in publications that serve the racing community. The filter assembly cost $75. That includes the billet housing and filter. From then on out you just need to replace the element. Those run anywhere from $5-$9. You can get those from Racer Parts Wholesale or from Canton Racing.

www.cantonracing.com
www.racerpartswholesale.com
www.bakerprecision.com
www.hoerr-racing.com
www.pegasusautoracing.com
Old 09-15-2003, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Highly Recommended/ Racing GM EFI Fuel Filter

Thanks for the heads up. I will try one.

Quick Reply: Highly Recommended/ Racing GM EFI Fuel Filter