Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Braided Fuel Line

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008 | 05:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Braided Fuel Line

I'm putting together all the parts I need to redo my fuel system and I am trying to decide which brand to go with, are some better than others?
I see Earls perform o flex and auto flex hte hose, Aeroquip aqp hose, Summit hose, russell proflex hose and so on?
Any suggestions or experience or should I just go with any of the above?
Old 11-09-2008 | 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

The standard Earl's, Aeromotive, or Russel's is great. Just the standard braided line, none of that fancy **** they offer unless you have the extra cash.

Stay away from anything Summit when it comes to the AN fittings and lines. It's all junk. I used a few Summit AN -8 90* fittings once...They seized up and damn near fell apart when I tried to un-screw the lines to drain my tank once. They're junk.
Old 11-09-2008 | 11:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have done several fuel systems on various cars (F-body, Supra, Porsche)... and the Jegs brand of hose and fittings are actually really good and not that expensive. I have used the other listed above and while those are all really good too.. the Jegs fittings are some of the easiest to assemble when building custom length hoses. The Summit house brand is not that good. Poor fit and finish, especially compared to the Jegs stuff. Not performance related, but the annodizing on the Jegs stuff is really deep and bright too, incase you're into the bling factor too. Just another option for you if you dont want to pay big money, but still have high quality stuff.
http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS/752556/10002/-1
Old 11-10-2008 | 09:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'm gonna go with the black Aeromotive fittings with Russell pro classic black and polished hose ends. Just wasn't sure if there was a preferred brand of hose or not. Thanks for the input guys!
Old 11-11-2008 | 07:26 AM
Teching In

If you're going with the Russell Proclassic, make sure you don't use more than three feet otherwise you will have all kind of fuel smell problem with your car. I have learnt my lesson the hard way.
Old 11-11-2008 | 10:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

You had problems with the proclassic fittings or proflex hose?
Old 11-18-2008 | 01:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

guys... I've been looking to get rid of my regular rubber fuel hoses under the hood for a while and replacing them with some stainless hoses...

however, i'm not too familiar with the fittings, sizes, assembly etc...

can anyone point me in the right direction...?
Old 11-21-2008 | 06:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I switched over to XRP hoses. They are cool to the touch and flow like no other hose. Might be pricey, but in the end they don't dry rot from the inside out and you don't get snagged on a stray braided line either.

Just my .02¢
Old 11-24-2008 | 02:14 PM
Teching In

Any of the private label stuff (Summit or Jegs) is made in China. Be careful cutting cost when it comes to fuel can be a bad deal.
Old 11-24-2008 | 03:16 PM

Default xrp hose fittings and jiffy tite

WE stock xrp which is a cutter style hos efitting their made here in california and they stand behind their product. we stock most of what they carry. When it comes to hose ss braid is great for under the car but we also carry black cloth which is nice to use around the engine compartment where abrasion is an issue. check out our site 2 www.dmpfasteners.com most items have been repriced at jobber . thanks derek
Old 11-24-2008 | 03:35 PM
11 Second Club

I've only used the summit stuff so I have nothing to compare it to. But I haven't had any problems at all... my only "complaint" is they fade over time if left in the sun. None of mine have ever leaked, I wore the threads out on one because I used it over and over and got some of the braided line caught in it when tightening it.

When i had a bagged truck i used all summit lines and fittings and never had an air leak except for the crappy water separator and check valve, that people told me were the best to get... they are already overpriced for the stupid fittings, why bother spending more for the name?

Quick Reply: Braided Fuel Line