Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Aeromotive Regulator

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 06:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Aeromotive Regulator

I have an aeromotive boost referenced regulator and when I prime the pump it goes to 58 psi then falls quickly.......car runs fine and have no problems with dual pumps, but am trying to find out why I cant maintain pressure after being primed.....Is it the regulator, or one of the fuel pumps......or do I need a check valve.....?
Old 11-15-2008, 08:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

In tank pumps?
Pumps have check valves in them?
How are they plumbed?
If you do add a check, put it after the pumps. Pulling thru a check is not a good idea.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:32 AM
10 Second Club

Dual intank walbro 255's........they are supposed to have check valves in them.....if I put a check valve in it will be up by the fuel rail after the regulator.......

I am going to put the stock regulator back in, just to see if it holds pressure......if it does, I need a check valve......if not, I need new pumps
Old 11-15-2008, 08:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

After the reg?? The idea is to maintain the fuel supply/pressure on the feed line, starting as close to the pump[s] as possible.
Is the system plumbed so that the reg is before the rails, or after?
Old 11-15-2008, 09:58 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You do not need a check valve.....

You likely have an internal leak in the tank. Everyone blames the pump check valve & I've never had one with a problem, but the lines in the tank are normally at fault.... especially if you used a piece of rubber line.

The regulator can still bleed down & no check valve will cure it because it is not backflowing, it is bleeding off through the return line in the normal direction of flow. Most external regulators will do this & it is normal.

Last edited by Lonnies Performance; 11-15-2008 at 10:11 AM.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:15 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I have the same prob with the Aeromotive. Just replaced a stocker and the Aeromotive bleeds down quicker. I am also using a Walbro 255 pump and it is new.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:11 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Lonnies Performance
You do not need a check valve.....

You likely have an internal leak in the tank. Everyone blames the pump check valve & I've never had one with a problem, but the lines in the tank are normally at fault.... especially if you used a piece of rubber line.

The regulator can still bleed down & no check valve will cure it because it is not backflowing, it is bleeding off through the return line in the normal direction of flow. Most external regulators will do this & it is normal.
I just replaced lines with gates submersible fuel injection hose and injection clamps.....hooked up one pump, then switched it......still bleeds down......so I just hooked everything back up and guess I will just leave it alone.......fuel pressure is always right while car is running