Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Talk me into installing my hotwire kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 03:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get'em lol. the kit was made for a reason it is like any other upgrade and safety equipment you put on your car. You could run the stock stuff but realize you are at a higher risk. It's like they say on may topics on here, do it right the first time and save yourself the headache later. For $70 I think it is a safe and easy investment. I don't have one now but I do plan on getting one. Cause there is nothing like running lean when you least expect it
now for my question can you just splice in a second pump into the hotwire kit? I don't plan on using a hobbs switch as I don't mind the both pumps running all the time.

Last edited by The Fugitive; 04-24-2009 at 04:16 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:27 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by The Fugitive
now for my question can you just splice in a second pump into the hotwire kit? I don't plan on using a hobbs switch as I don't mind the both pumps running all the time.
No, b/c the fuse rating would have to be high enough to support two pumps. This would NOT provide proper protection to each pump. This would be like plugging two toasters into one 15 amp circuit then running down to your fuse box and changing to a 30 amp fuse. You should fuse each pump on its own 20 amp circuit.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 04-24-2009, 05:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Racetronix
No, b/c the fuse rating would have to be high enough to support two pumps. This would NOT provide proper protection to each pump. This would be like plugging two toasters into one 15 amp circuit then running down to your fuse box and changing to a 30 amp fuse. You should fuse each pump on its own 20 amp circuit.
so what you are saying it that either I would have to buy another hotwire kit for the second pump or follow how the DIY pump sticky does it. Is there a hotwire kit for running dual pumps?

Quick Reply: Talk me into installing my hotwire kit