Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Center Connection on LS1Fuel Sending Unit

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 09:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Center Connection on LS1Fuel Sending Unit

The center connection of the fuel sending unit of a 99 is that a vent? I can't really tell the fuel system has been modified on this car but that line just seems to vent under the hood.

One more question I'm installing a magna fuel pressure regulator using boost reference and an entirely new fuel lines and magna fuel fuel filter. Since the return will now go back to the tank after it goes through the under hood regulator can I remove the stock regulator in the fuel sending unit?

Thanks
Old 05-23-2009, 09:56 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You will need to remove the intank regulator.

I would leave the vent system in place so there are no fuel vapor issues.
There should be a connection on the intake for the vent. If your car was modified, I would suggest looking at a stock one & try to replace the missing parts. It does not hurt performance, so I see no need to remove the stuff.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:54 PM
Launching!

Yea my vent dead line dead ends under the hood next to where the stock feed line enters the hood. I'll plan on leaving that as is.

Can the return just pour right into the tank from the top of the sending unit or does it need to be submerged?

Last question and I've looked for stock fuel system schematics and pictures but the two harness that connect to the top of the fuel sending unit I know one is to power the fuel pump what is the second for? I'm assuming it's the stock regulator control.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:19 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The second wire is for the emissions pressure sensor in the tank.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:59 PM
Launching!

Ok so it looks the previous owner installed a racetronix harness when they put the walbro pump in. Since I'm adding a second walbro pump can I just split off from the racetronix harness and hotwire the second pump or do I need to run a fresh power line strait from the battery?