Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

80lb injectors 114%, fuel system upgrade options

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 08:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Ok I'm confused. Why is it set at 72psi base pressure? I thought its suppose to be 58-60? So with 26psi of boost the fuel pressure gets to 98?

Please explain.....

So are you going to try a smaller crank pulley, because you have an ATI super pulley right? I think they only make two sizes of those.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by No Juice
Ok I'm confused. Why is it set at 72psi base pressure? I thought its suppose to be 58-60? So with 26psi of boost the fuel pressure gets to 98?

Please explain.....
I believe he had to up the pressure to help boost the injectors but I'm not 100% sure on this.
The pressure stuff, Jim will have to answer because I don't mess with that. I let him set it up when he's tuning it.

Originally Posted by No Juice
So are you going to try a smaller crank pulley, because you have an ATI super pulley right? I think they only make two sizes of those.
I was only aware of one size for the super pulley, but yes, I will have to go with a smaller crank pulley to lower the boost. I have no idea where to get one though. The one I have on it now was made for a big block and had the wrong bolt pattern so I had to have it machined to fit. I really don't want to do that again so I'm hoping to find someone who makes them for my application but so far no luck. Plus I'm going to need a shorter belt, that's another $200 Mine needs to be replaced anyway because it got a little frayed when it loosened up on the dyno but still.
I wish there was an easier way to bring down the boost.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PUT the filter and elbow on and see how much boost you lose first

I lose 3 psi and 70 RWHP with my filter and elbow on at 800RWHP.

Not sure how much room you have for a filter or piping