Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Racetronic problem anyone

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 07:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racetronic problem anyone

I installed the racestronic kit,pump and wire.It works fine but is causing a check engine light for high voltage oxygen sensor one bank one and bank 2 sensor one po132 and p0152.I took it back to my dyno shop and when they hooked it up it showed an electrical feed back from unknown location.When I remove the racetronic fuel pump wire from the alternator the check engine light stays off.I tried runing the wire from the battery and that helped some as it only sets the light once in awhile.Has anyone had this problem?Racetronic is very hard to get in touch with.I would hook it up with just the factory wire but have heard that that will damage the fuel pump as it will not carry enough voltage.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, thats a trip. Remember though that any electric motor will create a small amount of feedback otherwise known as A/C ripple. Someone smarter then me could probably tell you what type of capacitor would solve your problems but hooking it to the battery is probably a more convenient idea. The battery will work as a filter, negating the feedback. I'd still be better for a cap of the correct mf to be used as it would probably make the pump run cooler. You see this stuff all the time with a/c voltage air conditioning systems. The compressor creates a feedback voltage slightly behind phase of the voltage source and the fan motor creates a voltage phase slightly ahead of the incoming voltage. These out of phase electrical currents create heat since they act against the source voltage. Capacitors help to prevent this interference from making the motors run hot and allow them to use less electricity. D/C stuff is affected by this as well but in your case, its not just affecting the pump, the errant voltage is affecting the PCM as well from the sound of it. On another note, I wonder if maybe just a diode between the alt. and the pump feed would solve the problem as well? That would also prevent any feedback from entering the system.

Last edited by DAVESS02; 08-06-2009 at 12:23 AM.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:58 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've never heard of this in all the years I've sold their kits.
Definitely use the battery for a connection, as it will absorb some of the electrical noise.

You may want to look into the routing of the hotwire as well. It could be picking up somethnig because of its location. Try to keep it away from other wiring if possible.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also removed the alternator and took it to a shop to have the voltage regulator checked.He said it was right on at 14.0.Not all cs144 alternators are the same as the ones on roadmasters and some cadillacs have 14.7 voltage regulators and can cause some problems when used in the wrong car.