Bad FP or bad regulator...

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 12:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad FP or bad regulator...

Hey guys,
I am a big fan of your site.
I have a Racetronix 255 intake pump and a ATI inline pump on my 98 Z28 with 42lb injectors. Up to about 2 weeks ago when I was at WOT my FP would drop to 59psi then remain steady. Now all the sudden it is continually dropping to as low as 51psi. The Racetronix pump is about 2 months old, the ATI is about 4 months old and I replaced the fuel filter when I installed the ATI pump. I disconnected the ATI pump completely and I am still getting the pressure drop. Could one of my pumps have gone bad or could it be my stock FP regulator? I am only pushing around 450 HP. Thanks in advance. Timmay!!!
Old 11-24-2003, 01:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

i'd replace the regulator, while you are in there check for tears or the pressure hose slipping off the pump.

you won't need to put the ati inline back on until the 550hp mark or so...keep it simple
Old 11-24-2003, 02:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
i'd replace the regulator, while you are in there check for tears or the pressure hose slipping off the pump.

you won't need to put the ati inline back on until the 550hp mark or so...keep it simple
Thanks, I was hoping that was the case. Does anyone know the part#?
Timmay!!!
Old 11-24-2003, 04:02 PM
TECH Regular

Stock FPR Part# 12555909 (dampner asm, fuel pulse)

Part #'s
http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/crate_eng/pdf/SB_LS1.pdf

Originally Posted by Timmay!!!
Hey guys,
I am a big fan of your site.
I have a Racetronix 255 intake pump and a ATI inline pump on my 98 Z28 with 42lb injectors. Up to about 2 weeks ago when I was at WOT my FP would drop to 59psi then remain steady. Now all the sudden it is continually dropping to as low as 51psi. The Racetronix pump is about 2 months old, the ATI is about 4 months old and I replaced the fuel filter when I installed the ATI pump. I disconnected the ATI pump completely and I am still getting the pressure drop. Could one of my pumps have gone bad or could it be my stock FP regulator? I am only pushing around 450 HP. Thanks in advance. Timmay!!!
Old 11-24-2003, 10:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The Pulse Damper is NOT the regulator. The damper is on the rail for "dampening" rail noise. The regulator is in the tank, clip mounted to the underside of the fuel module. If you are going to go to the lengths of changing it your best bet is to remove it and go with a return style set up.

Quick Reply: Bad FP or bad regulator...