Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

any ideas on what i should do?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 01:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any ideas on what i should do?????

i have a 98 stock ls1 that i need to figure out what fuel system to purchase for it. It is in a truck. I have a fuel cell and speartech has already added the fuel pump relay and pump wire to the computer. Aroemotive is trying to sell me the 17125 kit but it cost around $1400 i was wondering if there is a more cost effective way to plumb this motor thanks for any help or ideas Darren
Old 08-27-2009, 03:51 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spanky1
i have a 98 stock ls1 that i need to figure out what fuel system to purchase for it. It is in a truck. I have a fuel cell and speartech has already added the fuel pump relay and pump wire to the computer. Aroemotive is trying to sell me the 17125 kit but it cost around $1400 i was wondering if there is a more cost effective way to plumb this motor thanks for any help or ideas Darren
Stock motor, right? Do you plan on upgrading and making more power? If so, keep in mind that if you cheap out on fuel system now, if you end up with more power, then you have to redo teh system again.

:
What you can do is go a little overboard on teh pump JUST in case you really want to step up. Pick up a Aeromotive or Magnafuel pump (just about anything they make will work, and the bigger you go, teh more $$$ of course, but the more power it will support)

Pick you up some #6 feed line, some of MY high flow fuel rails, an Aeromotive or Magnafuel regulator, and some AN fittings to get you all tied in (and whatever injector you want to run if you don't have any yet)

Pump $350-$500, Regulator $140-$200, Rails $149, Injectors $300, and line and fittings (@ $150-$175 worth).

Right there you have @ $1000 for a setup, that will support @ 400-500 HP, and with a swap in injectors, you are good for @ 700-800 or so (then a step up in line size I would recommend after that)