Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Walbro "Direct fit" kit is just that

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 03:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Walbro "Direct fit" kit is just that

For anyone considering it, the newer Walbro "direct fit" kits are exactly that. Did it this weekend. The only hard part is getting the "!@#$#^'n" fuel line on the nipple. But that's true regardless, and I didn't have to cut the bucket up!
Old 09-14-2009, 03:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does it have a line that refills the bucket? Any link's or pic's of the kit?
Old 09-14-2009, 05:39 PM
On The Tree

Yeah. You have to cut the old hose off and slide in on the nipple of the new one. Here's a link to the instructions with pics.
http://www.fullthrottletech.com/showthread.php?t=2384
Old 09-15-2009, 03:08 PM
FormerVendor

These are NOT Walbro's kits they are custom made by Full Throttle and we keep them in stock as well as the Racetronix kits.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:34 AM
Launching!

My FT pump took a **** after 2 days of being in! I am now ordering a racetronix kit...
Old 09-16-2009, 09:42 AM
On The Tree

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but unless they have changed recently, Racetronix uses the same Walbro Pump... THey anaodize it so it looks pretty, but still a walbro pump

Originally Posted by 505OUTLAWZWS6
My FT pump took a **** after 2 days of being in! I am now ordering a racetronix kit...
Old 09-16-2009, 11:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Racetronix does use the same pump. They have an aluminum barrel that the pump slides in. The barrel is anodized, not the pump. I'm sure they'll chime in that their pump is different because it uses the factory style venturi, but that would be the only difference.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:45 AM
TECH Regular

The Walbro pump has a smaller outer diameter than the factory pump so in order to get everything to fit like stock in the fuel bucket there is an anodized aluminum sleeve around the pump that makes up for the size difference. Some of the cheaper Walbro kits use a foam sleeve around the pump. I like Racetronics design. It probably keeps the pump cooler than if it were insulated with a foam sleeve.

Originally Posted by PAGregSS
Racetronix does use the same pump. They have an aluminum barrel that the pump slides in. The barrel is anodized, not the pump. I'm sure they'll chime in that their pump is different because it uses the factory style venturi, but that would be the only difference.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Racetronix Walbro setups are the way to go... none of the, cut the bucket, mickey mouse BS...

Also get yourself a Racetronix hotwire kit.

Last edited by bearcatt; 09-20-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PAGregSS
Racetronix are most certainily the same pump everyone else uses....And ive had a Racetronix bad out of the box too....Bad pump from Jack and him saying "no warranty" was enough for me to be done with the POS pumps with no warranty.Jack will try to blame it on you or your ground and ive seen him get several idiots to beleive this when it was his **** pump.

Anyone who puts a Walbro in there car is an IDIOT,sorry but its the truth,I used to be guilty of using there **** as well.5 mins googling Walbro failure will tell you what you need to know.Its a **** product that vendors are pushing because they make a ton of $$$$ on them,esp since they fail often.

Get a Denso and dont look back or buy a Walbro and go ahead and tattoo dumb *** on your forehead.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by broke1
Racetronix are most certainily the same pump everyone else uses....And ive had a Racetronix bad out of the box too....Bad pump from Jack and him saying "no warranty" was enough for me to be done with the POS pumps with no warranty.Jack will try to blame it on you or your ground and ive seen him get several idiots to beleive this when it was his **** pump.

Anyone who puts a Walbro in there car is an IDIOT,sorry but its the truth,I used to be guilty of using there **** as well.5 mins googling Walbro failure will tell you what you need to know.Its a **** product that vendors are pushing because they make a ton of $$$$ on them,esp since they fail often.

Get a Denso and dont look back or buy a Walbro and go ahead and tattoo dumb *** on your forehead.

No doubt the Denso pumps are good but where can you get a direct drop-in that can take the amperage that a real Walbro can ?

This answers my first question...but at what cost.. and can it take the
amperage a hotwire kit puts out ? I bet it's expensive too.
Here is one of our sponsors that has a Denso direct fit pump kit.
http://catalog.oehq.com/ShopByVehicl...=True&rewrite=

Yes there are alot of Walbro failures but there are also alot of Chinese knock-offs too. All the gears and components in the Racetronix Walbro I installed in my car, were metal and the quality looked very good. Some actually use plastic gears instead. I had Walbro in another car with plastic gears.

Also understand, I'm taking about your typical heads/cam car just needing solid fuel pressure, not a mega-boosted force fed monster.

Old 09-20-2009, 04:05 PM
On The Tree

Then there are A LOT of people with dumb *** on their forehead. I've only known about 100 people personally who have used them either as racetronix or walbro. When i say personally I mean know them by sight in person. Of the 100, I know of 1 failure. Anything can fail. Here ya go , I bought a FAST Intake that was one of the most poorly made POS I have ever seen. I didn't call everyone else who uses them stupid, and simple sent it back. Your bad luck could be just that. I dont regret using a Walbro and I am most definitely not a dumb ***.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:09 PM
FormerVendor

The Full Throttle pump uses the Venturi as well. It is a very good pump for easy install.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:16 PM
On The Tree

dont mean to hijack but whats the HP capacity of a racetronix fuel pump with hot wire kit?
Old 09-25-2009, 03:34 PM
FormerVendor

About 600rwhp NA
Old 09-27-2009, 11:41 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've installed over 100 Walbro pumps and never had one fail.I guess I've just been real lucky.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:25 PM
FormerVendor

We have used and installed thousands single and with our dual pump assemblies and have had ZERO failures as well. When properly installed they are very reliable.

Think of the billions of pumps Walbro makes as they OEM pumps for 90% of all cars on the road.