Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

dual walbros, and stock feedline enough?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 08:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok I think I have it partly figured out here. Let me run this by you guys and see how it stacks up.

One racetronix pump wired with racetronix hotwire kit. A second walbro255 with a hotwire kit. -8 feedline and use my stock feedline as a return. Not sure on what fuel rails yet, I have a aeromotive 13101 FPR. I dont know what kind of fuel filter to get? But I think that should have me covered to around 900hp...
Old 12-04-2009, 07:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by blk00ss
Ok I think I have it partly figured out here. Let me run this by you guys and see how it stacks up.

One racetronix pump wired with racetronix hotwire kit. A second walbro255 with a hotwire kit. -8 feedline and use my stock feedline as a return. Not sure on what fuel rails yet, I have a aeromotive 13101 FPR. I dont know what kind of fuel filter to get? But I think that should have me covered to around 900hp...
Sounds like a good idea to me.

I didn't realize you need a separate hotwire kit for the second pump. I'd like to hear what others are using for the second pump that have the Lonnies Twin Pump kit.

Anyone have some pics of the pump assembly with the twin pumps that you can still run the tank low and not have to worry?
Old 12-04-2009, 09:47 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by No Juice
Sounds like a good idea to me.

I didn't realize you need a separate hotwire kit for the second pump. I'd like to hear what others are using for the second pump that have the Lonnies Twin Pump kit.

Anyone have some pics of the pump assembly with the twin pumps that you can still run the tank low and not have to worry?
Lonnie's twin pump kit comes with a premade wiring harness kit to hotwire both pumps with a separate power line and relay for each pump. One pump is always on with a relay attached to the stock fuel pump wiring harness to turn it on. There is a hobs pressure switch to activate the relay for the second pump. You can also easily switch out which pump is activated by what relay so you can alternate back and forth to even the wear.

Lonnie does the modification to the stock bucket himself, and I can run my tank all the way down to empty just like stock and not have any fueling problems.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:07 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Aster
Lonnie's twin pump kit comes with a premade wiring harness kit to hotwire both pumps with a separate power line and relay for each pump. One pump is always on with a relay attached to the stock fuel pump wiring harness to turn it on. There is a hobs pressure switch to activate the relay for the second pump. You can also easily switch out which pump is activated by what relay so you can alternate back and forth to even the wear.

Lonnie does the modification to the stock bucket himself, and I can run my tank all the way down to empty just like stock and not have any fueling problems.
Not sure if it would be a trade secret. Do you have any pics of that pump set up?
Old 12-04-2009, 10:14 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JoeMack
Not sure if it would be a trade secret. Do you have any pics of that pump set up?
Sadly I failed to take pictures of it before installation.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok, so I should be good to go with the gss340 pump, even tho I'm going to be using a racetronix pump as the primary one? I'll just have the gss340 come on in boost...I dont see how it would matter, but theres another thread in here where nasty nate said he wouldnt reccomend it?

Quick Reply: dual walbros, and stock feedline enough?