Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Will a stock LS1 (Corvette style) regulator withstand a Bosch 044?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 03:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Will a stock LS1 (Corvette style) regulator withstand a Bosch 044?

I'm in the process of sorting out my fuel system for my LS1 retrofit. I have a Bosch 044 that will be my main pump and need a regulator for it.

I was hoping to use one of the stock corvette style Filter/Regulator combos so I don't have to modify my fuel rails for a return. Will one of these be able to regulate the 044 down to 58psi from 72psi at which it runs?

Also, when adding horsepower is more fuel pressure needed? Or just a stronger pump for more flow? I'm wondering if I should try to find an inline style adjustable regulator for when I add power incase I need more pressure.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:16 PM
FormerVendor

It could work but a reg after the rails will provide much more control and much higher power handling with the same pump.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:21 PM
FormerVendor

Also, when adding horsepower is more fuel pressure needed? No just tuned for the added power

Or just a stronger pump for more flow? Yes

I'm wondering if I should try to find an inline style adjustable regulator for when I add power incase I need more pressure. I would rec. it. It will give you more control and better power handling for future upgrades....do it right once.

If you want help give me a call and I can help you get straight.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the advice.

I've noticed there are actualy 2 types of adjustable regulators.

One type (the most common) has 1 inlet and one return. This you sit after the fuel rail. The downside is, I would have to modify my fuel rail for this and im not sure of the fitting required. If it's as easy as screwing in an adator then I may go for this.

The 2nd type is what I guess you would call inline. It has an inlet (from pump), outlet (to rail) and a return. Similar to the corvette one. This would save me from running 2 lines to the engine bay. The problem with these is that I can't find one in a known brand. I found these from searching this forum: http://www.sx-performance.com/Regulators.htm (the blue one second from the top).

I was also wondering if it's legal to run rubber hose from the tank to the engine bay? I've noticed my cars have a solid line.

Quick Reply: Will a stock LS1 (Corvette style) regulator withstand a Bosch 044?