Old 01-05-2004 | 10:29 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by jerflash
max rpm would be 7000
N/A 500HP @ 7000 RPM + dry shot

42's +

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 01-05-2004 | 10:39 PM
11 Second Club

i dont mean max hp at 7000
i thought you mean something else
max hp would be around 6400 im guessing
around 500 n/a is what im lookiong for but probably anywere between 450-500 n/a
and like a 125 shot
Old 01-05-2004 | 10:44 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by jerflash
i dont mean max hp at 7000
i thought you mean something else
max hp would be around 6400 im guessing
around 500 n/a is what im lookiong for but probably anywere between 450-500 n/a
and like a 125 shot
500FWHP or RWHP?
Dry or wet N2O?
125 RWHP shot like TNT or FWHP?

>WEB SITE<
Old 01-05-2004 | 10:49 PM
11 Second Club

rwhp
dry
probably NX
Old 01-05-2004 | 10:53 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor
20 Year Member

42# or more

>WEB SITE<
Old 01-08-2004 | 11:04 AM
10 Second Club

I have an answer to my questions. Should have called a vendor first. I'll share here in case anyone else wants to know.

Trevor at TSP says their vendor can supply 30# SVO injectors in either grade, the ones from Summit for $220 or the ones TSP sells at $300. Trevor would get the $220 ones for me if I wanted. The difference is, the $220 are +/-5% that Racetronix talked about, but the $300 ones are +/-1.5%.

My take is if you just need more fuel in a street car, go for the $220 injectors, but if you plan on tuning near the edge, the $300 injectors are the way to go. I found a place in Michigan that will flow test for $5 each, but that is half of the $80 difference and one more injector to replace one out of tolerance would eat up most of the rest.
Old 01-09-2004 | 04:39 PM
TECH Addict

I'd like to see a plot of deviance showing the RPM VS PRESSURE VS DUTY cycle.

Are you guys checking for deviance from 0-7000rpm, at 1-100% duty cycle, and at what pressure?

Obviously if the deviance is 5% at 1000rpm at low duty cycle but 1% @ 80% duty cycle at 6000rpm then you might need to consider the value again.

Of course anyone that can test the variances, would be able to provide the flow results at the various operating conditions.

I'm gonna go out on a line and say only a few shops in the world can truly provide the graphs to backup their work.

Kinda like porting a head, you dont just ask for MAX flow at MAX lift? That doesn't get you squat, or does it?

inquiring minds want to know..
Old 01-09-2004 | 05:25 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by samz28
I'd like to see a plot of deviance showing the RPM VS PRESSURE VS DUTY cycle.

Are you guys checking for deviance from 0-7000rpm, at 1-100% duty cycle, and at what pressure?

Obviously if the deviance is 5% at 1000rpm at low duty cycle but 1% @ 80% duty cycle at 6000rpm then you might need to consider the value again.

Of course anyone that can test the variances, would be able to provide the flow results at the various operating conditions.

I'm gonna go out on a line and say only a few shops in the world can truly provide the graphs to backup their work.

Kinda like porting a head, you dont just ask for MAX flow at MAX lift? That doesn't get you squat, or does it?

inquiring minds want to know..
We run two dynamic tests.

Mid range DC / RPM to simulate a motor's operation within its typical center power-band.

High range DC / RPM to check injector stability under high RPM / WOT conditions.

A static test is run as well.

Most injectors exhibit similar cc / pulse or mg / pulse results under mid and high DC / RPM testing.

This reflects injector linearity.

There are a few injectors that overflow at higher RPM / DC due to weak springs etc. Some underflow at higher DC / RPM due to weak magnetics, excessive friction etc. ECM drivers can also affect an injector's opening and closing time. Reverse clamping of the injector coil's discharge pulse can actually slow down an injector’s closing time.

It is uncommon to have an injector that has a wide variation in mg / pulse under normal DC conditions.

We are not going to get into a debate about who has what capability as so far as testing injectors. We are not going to get into detailed specifics of our tests as we consider some of our methods proprietary at this time. The result of our testing procedures more than satisfies our dealers as being superior too much of the competitive product currently on the market. All injector test results are kept in a database which can be manipulated in almost any fashion to extract the statistics we require. Stats are mostly used to determine if there are problems with factory-supplied product. Since we carry a wide range of injectors any one specific statistic would be unique to that part number. As far as the end user is concerned this information is useless. At the end of the day all that matters is that the injectors they purchase will be matched for minimal deviation under all operating conditions.

>WEB SITE<

Last edited by Racetronix; 01-09-2004 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-09-2004 | 10:16 PM
TECH Junkie

I wish this thread had been around before I got my summit 30#'s ,,, If I go Nitrous or boost I'll switch over to some of the flow matched injectors.
Old 01-10-2004 | 08:18 PM
TECH Addict

you can always send your injectors to a shop to get them matched. Most competent injector shops can ensure they flow match, maybe cheaper than paying for all new ones. Then again it might be cheaper to sell what you got on ebay and get some flow matched ones. I dunno what the prices are. RC-eng.com charges quite a bit, but does hella good work on Your injectors if you want. They got some killer gear according to their site.

I picked up 8 30# svo for $125 used (RC-ENG, balanced lucas) from a stang shop here. They didnt have alot of miles on them. Put them in 2 vw's. Man they are NICE injectors. Behave a bit different than the bosch though, you'll find they flow more from 0-static than the bosch ones, so your tune might have to be redone a little.
Old 01-10-2004 | 11:02 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by samz28
you can always send your injectors to a shop to get them matched. Most competent injector shops can ensure they flow match, maybe cheaper than paying for all new ones.
This topic has been covered already. You can not change what you have been given. You can not take a lot of 8 injectors that do not flow the same and modify them internally so that they do. Injectors are crimped and sealed at the factory. It is a one way deal. Flowing an injector does not make it matched to the others in the group. If one or more vary in the group then you will need to find replacements that do match up. This typcally requires a large quantity of the same injector to be on hand in order to make a matched set. This would typically require a supplier with a large inventory of your injector type / part number.

Ford Motorsport SVO injectors are Bosch pintle type.
Lucas injectors (now owned by Delphi) are disc type.

>WEB SITE<

Last edited by Racetronix; 01-11-2004 at 12:06 PM.
Old 01-11-2004 | 09:47 PM
Staging Lane

What do you have to do to "flow match" the injector (is there machining involved?)
Old 01-11-2004 | 10:32 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by mike72678
What do you have to do to "flow match" the injector (is there machining involved?)
Buy and test injectors until you find 8 that are matched to within the tolerance that you want.
Perhap 1% or 1/2%. There is no way to tell how many you have to buy to find the 8 you want. If you are a vendor who stocks hundreds, you can flow them and group them into matching sets.
Old 01-11-2004 | 10:44 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by mike72678
Perhaps we should try to explain it with a bit of humor as the concept of flow-matching seems to elude some people..

Let's say your wife sends you to the grocery store with specific instructions to buy eight Spy apples that were all with 1% or better of each others weight for her special pie. When you get to the store you find a couple bushels of Spy apples. After closer inspection you realize that although the apples look very similar their size and shape all seem to be slightly different. You think to yourself this is crazy, this is going to take forever but if you want some of that special pie you had better deliver! You pull out your scale and start to weigh the apples in the bushels. In order to keep track of the apples you have examined you place a small sticker on each one with a unique number. You write down all the weights next to each numbered apple on your list. The shop owner is now starting to give you dirty looks for manhandling his apples so you decide to buy a few bushels to examine them at home. After examining and logging all the data for all the apples at home, you look through your list for eight apples that meet or exceed your wife’s specifications. You are only able to find seven apples that are within 1% of each others weight. You think to yourself ‘if only I could modify one more apple to make a set of eight. You know this can not be done as this is only something g-d can do! You take a trip down to the store again to buy another bushel of apples to bring back home and sort. Finally after examining another bushel of apples you find one more that falls with 1% of the other seven you had already selected. You take the eight matched apples to your wife who is very happy with you and makes a great pie. Your wife notices a couple extra bushels of apples in the garage and asks what are we going to do with all these apples? You can’t make another special pie because there are not enough matched apples to make a set of eight. You then come up with the idea of finding smaller matched sets of apples to make tarts and Danishes. You know that by reducing the number of matched apples in a group there is a greater chance of coming up with a matched set. You group up as many sets of four and six as you can and hand them to your wife. There are still some leftover apples that don’t have matched cousins so you use them to make some candy apples and some are saved for the next special pie as you might be able to match them up with some in the next bushel of apples you purchase.

Does this start to make sense now?

In other words injectors flow what they flow.

To obtain eight injectors that are all matched within 1% of each other you need to have a large selection to choose from. The injectors can not be modified or changed.

Thankfully Racetronix stocks a LARGE selection and sells a large volume of injectors which is why we can match them. Every flow-matched injector ships with a serial number which is logged in our database along with its flow test results.

We don’t sell apples!

PS. There is a slight twist on this story. There is a VERY small number of injector types on the market that can be opened after being factory sealed. The only company that we are aware of that is able to open an injector and modify its flow rate is RC engineering. This requires very specialized equipment and knowledge. This service is very expensive and is not an economically viable solution to a mismatched set of top-fed injectors. This procedure was developed to address the need for special applications where an injector was simply not available that would work / fit. This is most commonly done with side-fed injectors as used in the Nissan 300ZX and the Dodge Viper. It is generally cheaper to convert these vehicles to top-fed type injectors as in most cars like a LS1.

>WEB SITE<

Last edited by Racetronix; 01-11-2004 at 11:08 PM.
Old 01-11-2004 | 11:32 PM
TECH Junkie

So my question is can we get a set of flow matched 30#s from anywhere for our fbodys?
If not what is the the smallest injector that is readily available flow matched that will fit our fbodys, and where can we get them?
Old 01-12-2004 | 12:00 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor
20 Year Member

Racetronix does not stock 30# injectors that are flow-matched. Most factory LS1 injectors are 28# (some are 24#) 30# is not enough of a step up to justify carrying them for the LS1 application alone. Most of our dealers use our 37# disc injectors or the GM 36# Bosch/Delphi injectors from the Buick 3800SC motor. Neither of these injectors are flow-matched. If there was enough interest we would consider providing the 37# injector as a flow-matched/grouped item. Since this would place the price per injector around the $47 mark we doubt it would be a good seller. Most people would opt for the Bosch/Ford Motorport SVO pintle injector which is cheaper to manufacture because of its dated technology and the massive volume manufactured.

>WEB SITE<
Old 01-12-2004 | 07:08 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike K.
So my question is can we get a set of flow matched 30#s from anywhere for our fbodys?
Keep in mind that the 30# SVO injectors are more like 36# at LS1 pressures (4 bar??). As I mentioned above, at least the 30#ers available from TSP are matched to 1.5%. Perhaps other vendors on the right have the same, but you would have to check. How tight do you want?
Old 01-12-2004 | 03:58 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by critter
Keep in mind that the 30# SVO injectors are more like 36# at LS1 pressures (4 bar??). As I mentioned above, at least the 30#ers available from TSP are matched to 1.5%. Perhaps other vendors on the right have the same, but you would have to check. How tight do you want?
30# @ 43.5PSI / 300KPa = 34.6# @ 58PSI / 400KPa (SVO)
28# @ 43.5PSI / 300KPa = 32.3# @ 58PSI / 400KPa (LS1)
24# @ 43.5PSI / 300KPa = 27.7# @ 58PSI / 400KPa (LS1)

>WEB SITE<
Old 01-12-2004 | 05:47 PM
TECH Junkie

I saw some injectors on SLP's website that say they are flow matched but I have had bad dealings with them in the past and Im not sure if I would trust them.
Old 01-12-2004 | 05:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Here is the link to the SLP's they are 36 #'s but they do not say at what psi !!

http://www.slponline.com/view_produc...RTNUMBER=23049

Quick Reply: where to get injectors?