Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Bank1 injector issues, dumping fuel with key on

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 08:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bank1 injector issues, dumping fuel with key on

Hello, I'm recently finished a swap of a 2000 LS1 into a 240sx Nissan, but I've ran into a major issue that has already cost me one rod

When I turn the key to "on" position I get the fuel pump priming and 60psi at the rail (corvette filter/regulator single inlet type)

I hooked a pressure gauge to it thinking I had too much pressure, it jumps to 60 psi then falls right back down, doesn't hold 60psi once primed

We didn't know there was an issue and had ran the engine until discovering a HUGE puddle of fuel out of the Driver's side Bank 1 header. The drivers side header was cold and the passenger side was typical warm. The Passenger side did not have any fuel out of the header

Is there a way I can test the injector wires for Bank 1? I thought I should use a ohm meter and I came up with the following , hooking the ohm meter to the wiring harness side;

Cylinder# OHM
1 1.
3 3.31
5 3.03
7 3.05

2 1.
4 1.
6 1.
8 1.

I hooked the negative lead to the signal side and the positive lead to the pink wire side with the key in the "on" position w/o cranking it

I haven't tried cranking on it yet as there's no drivers side head on it right now, should have it all back together tomorrow though so I can resume testing.

I ran this engine for 2 years in another car and the only things that have changed are the new fuel lines, and extending the harness. I have been back over the harness and have not found any faults in it.

Is there anyway to test the signals from the computer?

Would clogged injectors have this bad of an effect? I'm thinking maybe some crap from the fuel lines got in there but I'd like to see if I can check everything possible first. Thanks much for your help and I look forward to hearing some words of wisdom!
Old 03-12-2010, 02:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So from what a few others are saying is that it's 98% probably clogged injectors, I'm looking to get opinions from others also to be able to eliminate possibilities, any ideas?

Quick Reply: Bank1 injector issues, dumping fuel with key on