Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

A few ?s on my fuel setup

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 08:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default A few ?s on my fuel setup

Im running a 6.0 turbo with ported heads, a turbo cam, in my 02 z28, th350 transmission, 3800 stall, 8.8 rearend, 3.27 gear, Im planning to run a dual intank walbro setup, With a 4# hobbs switch to turn second pump on, 60 # injectors, victor jr intake, with the aluminum rails, My ? is will it be alright for me to keep it a returnless setup, Id rather keep it returnless, Will it be ok without a return? My truck we did it with a return setup one to one regulator, which was pretty simple, What yall think i should do? Ive always gotten help from you folks. Ive done a bunch of research but have mixed feelings, Im going to be running 10#s an maybe a wild hair on 12#s. If yall need more info just let me know. Oh yea I also plan to run -6an fittings off the fuel line to the rail, and one rail will feed to other or I might y off the fuel line to the rails
Old 03-27-2010, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Anybody? Mighty mouse?
Old 03-27-2010, 09:27 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

You need a return system/regulator before you even consider upgrading the supply line size. This is the biggest problem with the stock fuel system.

As for supply line size, a -8 will take you farther than 2 intank Walbros can provide. Save the -10 & -12's for 3 or more pumps or well over 1000rwhp.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Naw, Im trying to stay away from putting a return on the car, What can I do to avoid doing a return system?
Old 03-28-2010, 08:44 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

You need to take the advice above so you have a properly operating fuel system.

The pressure needs controlled where it matters, at the engine. This is where the regulator belongs.

The factory was designed for emissions purpoes & the least possible cost, not with a 600+ hp car in mind.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:17 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm tring to avoid doing the return and drilling holes in my fuel tank also. I'm working on a plan with an External Walbro GSL-392. It has an internal pressure relief valve that could be used to regulate fuel pressure on a small scale. The pressure is set WAY to high from the factory >100. I need to be able to crack the pump open and get in there to change it or I'd rather buy one set up the way I need it. Any ideas on who does this work? I doubt the Walbro factory is interested.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well damn, I reckon Ill have to save up a lil an go ahead an do a return setup on it. Damn!!!
Old 03-29-2010, 09:59 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like Lonnie said you need to properly control dual Walbro pumps. Your moving alot of fuel and need to keep it under control so the motor sees proper pressures. Feed it to the rails with -8 regulator after rails and a -6 return line back to the tank. Does not take all that much more to do it properly the first time so you have a rock solid fuel system to supply big hp motor all it needs with out worry of hurting anything.

Same with the GTO we offer complete PnP kits that retain your factory reliability. Give me a call I will help you sort out the proper setup for your needs.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't want to spend the required money on a proper setup. I want a $130 Walbro without a check valve in it. It'd be really nice, but not required, if I could get one with the old, none HP designation, internal bypass/relief setting of 70 psi.

Is there anyway in hell to crack one of these pumps open and put it back together again? Would the factory assemble one without the check valve for me?
Old 03-29-2010, 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks nasty n8. So I need the dual wallys intank, feed to the rails with dash 8, i reckon y off the feed to the rails, then y off the back side of rails to the regulator to a dash 6 return right? would my evap line work as my return big enough? Also should I hook up the regulator to a boost reference like a 1 to 1? or just set it on 58psi an be done
Old 04-03-2010, 04:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Alright alright, Lonnie I broke down an bought some line, I bought -8 supply, -6 return. Going to use the stock tank with dual walbros, an I have a aeromotive fpr, So How should I set it up? I have the edelbrock rails. Should I go -8 to a y to the rails then y together into the fpr then to the -6 an back to tank?