Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

3rd gen LSx fuel line set up??

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 11:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 3rd gen LSx fuel line set up??

Hi guys. Havn't gotten any answers on thirdgen.org so I figured I'd try here. My question is that I am putting a 5.3 with an MPT76 in an 86 trans am but I am stumped on what the best and most efficient way to route the fuel lines is. The car is in a full restoration right now so there are NO original fuel lines or anything on it....it's a shell and I'm starting from scratch.

I have a 4th gen plastic tank and pump with the dual walbro 255's rigged up, and plan on running 1/2 inch aluminum line as the supply line. I'd like to keep it simple and only have the fuel supply line going to the engine bay but I am stumped on how to set up a return line. I saw the vette fuel filter idea but I think this will restrict my setups fuel delivery. This motor will be around 600 flywheel horsepower and I want the upgradeability incase I do a forged bottom end so I want the fuel system to be around 800HP capable.

Any help on a the most simple setup is much appreciated! Thanks guys.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:14 PM
11 Second Club

8an to rt rail
cross over to lt rail
out the back and into fpr
return from fpr to tank
Old 04-09-2010, 02:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TX RED
8an to rt rail
cross over to lt rail
out the back and into fpr
return from fpr to tank
I'm assuming I'll need aftermarket rails for your said set up since the factory ones only have 1 inlet? And what your saying is I need to have 2 lines going to the engine bay; 1 supply and 1 return?

Theres no way to just have a single feed line and creat a return under the car back by the tank?