Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Who is running 80 pound siemens need to compare notes.

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 04:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The 120s had problems in my car that drove me nuts but that was due to cam sensor intermittent failure. 120s will not run in batch or sequential whatever the mode is that the car defaulted too when the cam sensor went intermittent. the 120s would just super load up then and car would die quick and be badly flooded out. Plugs would be drowned.

Fixed the cam sensor and ran the 120s briefly and they seemed great but was paranoid about the cam sensor problem not being fixed so ran 60s for season to insure that if the cam sensor gremlin came back it woudln't strand me on the road somewhere. My 99 has never seen a tow truck and plan to keep it that way!

The 60s worked so so.,then got Gregs dvd and they seemed to work fantastic with his data . No problems. But 60s were too small for me so got 80s off you guys. Been running them for three weeks and only really started to care about the idle and bog and figured no problem gregs data should fix me right up. But it didn't. And now seems more i try to mess with these the worse it gets.

But yet we have lots of guys ,well quite a few that seem to be running the high impedence and not having any problems at idle, that is mostly their only place they could have problems. So guess will keep mucking with them for awhile. If get super depressed guess put the 120s back in. Or buck up for those super pricey high impedence ones after talking to more people that actually run them.

I did seem to get them to idle in great at stoic for awhile today but then they would go rich in park. Maybe just need to play with idle airflow but then later on they seemed to also not be stoic and seemed the 02s were starting to get stuck again in park or gear.
I was idling it a long time and not driving it around though.

Anyway since you sell the 80s why don't you give some tips on how to make them run properly. You could sell a lot more if guys could get them to work right.

Lots of us do our own tuning and not everyone has a option with top flight tuner in their location and not a big fan of mailorder tuning.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey wouldn't it be nice if someone running these injectors and their car is running ok post up their IFR table. I am gonna need new injectors with my new setup and was gonna go with 60's and a boost refrenced regulator but everyone is saying they will be too small for a 402 and tc78 turbo.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Well more experimenting. Put ifr back to 89.23 straight across.
Anyway this is weird. When I turn on my air my iac hit around 100 and afr seems to stay great at 14ish in drive. When put it into park get around 60 iac and it still stays around stoic. Now I turn off air and my iac are much less think only around 40 with air on and 18 or something with air off. Now it sort of holds afr in gear but starts going pig rich in park.
So airflow seems key here more than just leaning out ve it seems . Now wondering if have some whacked value in the idle air tables somewhere like adpative idle or something?
And also wondering if the right iac or idle air settings can make these 80s behave.
I am idling at 800 set both park and in gear at operating temp to be same and set airflow same on park and ingear as well although would think different engine loads in park and gear..
Now when my afr goes rich and the 02s get slow the car don't rev worth crap. When its near stoic in idle its crisp no problems.

So am I on the right track maybe ?? I slotted my tps previously so maybe going to try to
crank more iac into the car with air off to maintain the afr at stoic. Or can I adjust this with idle airflow table and does bigger numbers give me more airflow and make it leaner or opposite smaller numbers give me more airflow??

I may not be able to get my tps voltage below 60 if go too far on iac by moving out tb screw. I have not drilled my throttle body and don't intend too.My cam is mild enough pretty sure shouldn't have to.
Do I have to be under .60 for tps to stay in idle cells?
Old 04-24-2010, 08:54 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
The 120s had problems in my car that drove me nuts but that was due to cam sensor intermittent failure. 120s will not run in batch or sequential whatever the mode is that the car defaulted too when the cam sensor went intermittent. the 120s would just super load up then and car would die quick and be badly flooded out. Plugs would be drowned.

Fixed the cam sensor and ran the 120s briefly and they seemed great but was paranoid about the cam sensor problem not being fixed so ran 60s for season to insure that if the cam sensor gremlin came back it woudln't strand me on the road somewhere. My 99 has never seen a tow truck and plan to keep it that way!
You will probably have the same problem with 80's if you cam sensor fails again....

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
Anyway since you sell the 80s why don't you give some tips on how to make them run properly. You could sell a lot more if guys could get them to work right.

... and not a big fan of mailorder tuning.
The problem is that just a set of injector tables is not going to solve all your problems. Fuel pressure also alters these tables slightly, making a universal set of numbers not exact.

There are a lot of other parameters that are needed to make it work properly... as you are now finding.By the time all of this is put together for your specific application, it then becomes a mail order tune. There are no companies that I know of that will give you a $350+ tune with a $400-500 set of injectors.

60# injectors are also easy to set up. You really do not need much more than the flow & voltage offsets to get them working properly. Once you get into big injectors & really small pulse widths at idle, it becomes much harder to get the idle correct.

As you know I spent a lot of time trying to help you with the 120's. There is a lot involved in making everything work correctly. If you want a hookup with a good tuner that could possibly dial into your computer & set up your tune via telephone, let me know. I can get someone in touch with you, but plan to spend a few hundred.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Lonnie sorry that was directed at racetronix not you, they sell the 60s and 80s and really have zero tuning info available.

And you are correct.If the cam sensor went again the 80s might also foul out like the 120s did. But the cam sensor was a fubared female plug and it was fixed and the car has been running really good since then on 60s. And yes the 60s were easy to tune. I bought the Greg B dvd .I plugged in the numbers and the car ran great.
I pluigged in the numbers for the 80s a month or so ago and the car ran not that bad.
I have been driving it. It was boggy off idle but otherwise ok. And then decided it was time to tweak the tune and now seem to be having issues maybe from something else. I am wondering if dying turbos might cause airfllow problems and lean short term trim problems. I have replacement turbos as many aps have died prematurely but they seem to be doing ok ,they were boosting recently and not noticing huge clouds of smoke from them. So have been putting off the new turbo swap.Weather has been nice and hated to put the car down . Driving season is short up here.

Just seems that things are not being logical. Lots of guys are running the 80s and saying they work ok.

Quick Reply: Who is running 80 pound siemens need to compare notes.