Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

fuel problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 09:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel problems

in my family we have a 02 ws6 trans am ,with a built ls7,and pro charged on 12 psi of boost. so here is the problem the people who built the tried to reinvent the wheel. they changed the tank to a metal tank. after driving about 45 min, the fuel press falls out from 60 psi at idol to 10 while driving , and once it sits over night it runs fine again for 45 min and does the same thing over again. does any one have any insight
Old 05-01-2010, 07:36 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Without knowing the rest of the fuel system details, it is hard to tell.... but it likely is overheating the fuel in the tank & causing a vapor lock condition. This is quite common with high volume pumps that run a return style system.

If you still have stock type lines (with no full length return), it could be due to a restriction or a vent problem in the tank. Have you tried to remove the gas cap after it acts up to see if it makes any difference?
Old 05-01-2010, 07:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem,I had the walbo255 and had to replace it twice.So far so good. I think its your fuel pump, Just my 2cents.