Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Will an LS2 ECM adjust enough for 60lb/hr injectors on a 42lb/hr tune?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 05:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Will an LS2 ECM adjust enough for 60lb/hr injectors on a 42lb/hr tune?

I'm just waiting on my Maggie 122 to get here and I'll be putting it in. It's coming with 42lb/hr injectors but I ordered some 60's for it. I currently have 42's installed with my 112, so (obviously) my car is not tuned for the 60lb/hr injectors.

Originally I was going to just install the 122 with the 42's just to be able to start the car and drive it to be tuned and just switch the injectors at the shop. I was also going to see if i could monkey around with my Diablosport to adjust for the larger injectors, but I was told yesterday from a local tuner that my ECM will compensate and start pulling enough fuel as soon as the o2's see how rich it's running. Then that way I'd be able to drive it to the dyno on the 60's. I was worried the amount of extra fuel might wash out the rings, but I was told that if I ran it for about a 20min drive after warm up it should be fine?

Does that sound about right?
Old 05-20-2010, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd drive it to your tuner with the 42s in it and just take it easy honestly. I am by no means a tuning expert but it seems safest to me.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:48 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

I wouldn't do it. Swap when you get there

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 05-20-2010, 06:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Darn. Not the answer I was hoping for. Changing the injectors with the Maggie installed is going to be a bit of a pain because the bypass canister gets in the way.

I've never used my Predator so I'll have to leaf through the manual and see if I can figure out how to pull some fuel out. Maybe it's finally time to add that wideband that I've always been meaning to, but keep putting off.