Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

fuel issue on my daily driver... please help

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 10:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default fuel issue on my daily driver... please help

ok so this is on a 1996 oldsmobile bravada

So we have a 1996 olds bravada with a 4.3l v6. over the winter it developed a hard start issue. then finally one day it died. So i checked fuel pressure... 0 fuel pressure. I got a f body pump and it ended up being very different. so i ordered a e bay fuel pump assembly... I installed it and it fired right up and runs awesome...

So over the past 3 months since it has been installed... we have ran it somewhat low on gas a few times. each time we ran it low the gauge has read 1/3 of a tank. and yesterday for the 4th time it has ran out of gas. Each time this has happened we were lucky and pushed it to a gas station or coasted into one... now each time we had this happen we filled it up. and all 4 times it has taken 11.4 gallons to fill it up... This thing has a 18 gallon tank and used to take damn near 18 gallons when on E.

now the 3rd time it happened we were on our way back to iowa from colorado. so once we got back from colorado i pulled the pump to verify that it was installed correctly and that everything looked good... also to make sure that the assembly was actually resting against the bottom of the tank. everything looked good. and like i said it happened again yesterday. so whats the deal. every time it gets to about 175 miles on the tank before it happens and 11.4 gallons to fill... with a 18 gallon tank. can someone please help. it would be nice to get the full use out of a tank instead of stopping every 175 miles to get gas...