Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Need help with P0171 and P0174 codes

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 11:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help with P0171 and P0174 codes

So I'm driving through a shopping plaza and as I'm heading over a speed bump I hear a pretty serious thump. Driving along and these error codes pop up. Did a bit of research and learn that it's a lean condition, normally caused by vacuum leaks, maf, or fuel filter/pump etc.

I take apart the stock maf, cleaned, reinstalled, and still lights with the same codes.

I check PCV tubes, vacuum line to master cylinder, no cracks. I read somewhere about spraying solvent around the intake to see if it stumbles, but the car was painted a week ago and dont want ruin the curing process.

I bought a fuel pressure tester from harbor freight for 15 bux and hook it up following my Haynes manuel. Key in ignition, fuel pressure reads 50. Not sure if its the cheap chinese gauge or not. Car started, pressure reads 59. According to haynes, car should run at 55-60 psi with pump on and should drop 3-5 psi with car started.

have not had a chance to look for a kinked fuel line, but anyone have any ideas before I get down and dirty (car is dropped).

Thanks,

Wheels
Old 08-17-2010, 05:02 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

crushed exhaust can cause it too.

Quick Reply: Need help with P0171 and P0174 codes