Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

LS2 decelleration backfire

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 09:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS2 decelleration backfire

I have a bone stock LS2 out of a 2006 GTO in a 67 Chevelle and I'm experiencing a backfire when I run the car up to 5,000RPM's or so and them let it come back down. It usually backfires around 3,000 RPM's. I have had the car tuned several times and have had the injectors cleaned and leak checked.
Has anyone had a similar problem or could give me some input on this problem.

Thanks
Greg
Old 08-31-2010, 08:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by epoxy1
I have a bone stock LS2 out of a 2006 GTO in a 67 Chevelle and I'm experiencing a backfire when I run the car up to 5,000RPM's or so and them let it come back down. It usually backfires around 3,000 RPM's. I have had the car tuned several times and have had the injectors cleaned and leak checked.
Has anyone had a similar problem or could give me some input on this problem.

Thanks
Greg
I would turn off the deceleration fuel cut off in the tune, if that hasn't been done. Keeping a little fuel flowing when letting off will reduce or eliminate back firing.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:42 PM
Teching In

Thanks, I will check with the tuner and see if that has been done.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:21 PM
Teching In

you know.. my GTO does the same thing.. Most of the things ive read say that its just a common thing with LS2's.. Some say it has to do with the computer being confused while decelerating because you are at, say 3k rpm's but 0% TPS.. others have been able to tune it out. Once I did headers and a cam it got worse!.. which makes sense. But I get tuned tomorrow guess I'll let you know how it goes and if I can make the GD backfire go away. Its emberassing :,((((

Quick Reply: LS2 decelleration backfire