Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

LS1 shut off while going 70mph

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 07:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1 shut off while going 70mph

i have a 98 t/a a4 with 148k miles...just did the lt's last week and right now its only got a y pipe on it with no catback (only mods)...I was driving back home today and after about 10-15 mins my car suddenly died on my while cruising down the highway...got into the median and it fired right back up and got me home normally...
The thing is its getting pretty hard to start now lately i have to switch the ignition to ON then OFF for a 2 sec's and then crank after it gets coldish... any help guys?
maybe fuel pump or fuel filter?
Old 10-02-2010, 11:36 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ISMELLRICE
i have a 98 t/a a4 with 148k miles...just did the lt's last week and right now its only got a y pipe on it with no catback (only mods)...I was driving back home today and after about 10-15 mins my car suddenly died on my while cruising down the highway...got into the median and it fired right back up and got me home normally...
The thing is its getting pretty hard to start now lately i have to switch the ignition to ON then OFF for a 2 sec's and then crank after it gets coldish... any help guys?
maybe fuel pump or fuel filter?
Definitely do a quick/easy fuel pressure check.

But a failing Crank Shaft Position sensor will do that and act like that. Hard starts and it will shut your engine off at any time on you. Then it will run perfect......then it will act up again.

And you WILL NOT get an SES light/code until its 100% failed and you're stuck somewhere.

You could buy one and try it out, takes like 10 minutes to swap it out. Its under the starter. You drop the starter and there it is. If thats not the problem, clean it real good and return it for a refund. Just tell them it didn't fit because someone modded it and put a different one in there.....they will have no clue.

I'd also say dirty fuel filter can kill the engine.......but not if its ok at times, then its not.

Old 10-02-2010, 11:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking fuel pump.. I'd do the filter regardless. Then hook up a gauge and see what the pressure is running at. Check the running pressure as well as the pressure when the key is at the on position with engine off.