Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

ractronix pump bad after 6 months???

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 04:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ractronix pump bad after 6 months???

I put a racetronix pump in my car about six months ago,a couple weeks ago i noticed my car was having trouble restarting after a short drive.Well this morning i go to start my car and the car "re-primed" it self a couple times and the gas gauge goes back and fourth with it, JUST like when my stock pump started failing. What im asking is,is it normal for this kind of pump to last this short amount of time? How long have others driven on this pump? Keep in mind i barley drive my car, ive only put 3000 miles on it this year!! If this pump is already through i really think that was a waste of $200
Old 10-03-2010, 04:44 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by slo_lt1
I put a racetronix pump in my car about six months ago,a couple weeks ago i noticed my car was having trouble restarting after a short drive.Well this morning i go to start my car and the car "re-primed" it self a couple times and the gas gauge goes back and fourth with it, JUST like when my stock pump started failing. What im asking is,is it normal for this kind of pump to last this short amount of time? How long have others driven on this pump? Keep in mind i barley drive my car, ive only put 3000 miles on it this year!! If this pump is already through i really think that was a waste of $200
I had mine for 3 years and 50k and it was still going strong. I just changed it out since I already had things apart for my engine swap and Racetronix had a sale on new factory housing with the sender ($100) bought the new pump from Thunder with a credit I had and just swapped the whole unit. The important thing is to never let your fuel level go below 1/4 tank with any in tank electric fuel pump.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Anthony Williams
I had mine for 3 years and 50k and it was still going strong. I just changed it out since I already had things apart for my engine swap and Racetronix had a sale on new factory housing with the sender ($100) bought the new pump from Thunder with a credit I had and just swapped the whole unit. The important thing is to never let your fuel level go below 1/4 tank with any in tank electric fuel pump.
Im hoping its just a loose ground,it hasnt done it again so far and i try to keep an eye on my fuel level but have ran it almost dry a couple times.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:51 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If your gas gauge is moving around, I would suspect a bad ground.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Lonnies Performance
If your gas gauge is moving around, I would suspect a bad ground.
What ground(s) would one look at for a gauge that moves around? Not sure if it's the same problem I'm having. Ever since I installed the racetronix kit my gas level will read E sometimes then others it will read the actual amount of gas in the tank. I'm pretty sure the float/arm is hitting something and getting stuck because it usually reads E the next time I start the car after I have gone up an incline at an angle. I have lifted the pump assembly out and wiggled it around to see if the float is touching something and it starts to read then later it stops again.

I changed out the sensor yesterday and it came with a new float and arm but it still does the samething.