Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Sumped fuel tank fit with factory exhaust???

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 09:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Sumped fuel tank fit with factory exhaust???

First off, let me say that this is for my 1988 Camaro. Now I know that the fuel tanks are somewhat interchangeable/similar between the 3rd and 4th gens so I was hoping if someone could shed some light on the subject for me. I am in need of a new fuel tank because mine is leaking. I would like to run a sumped fuel tank set up for 1/2 in NPT bungs to use -8AN line. This is for my 383 stroker that is making 500HP at the crank. Needless to say, it is a street/strip carbureted car that sees mostly street duty so running a muffler is mandatory. All the pictures that I have seen of sumped tanks have no mufflers mounted in the stock location, they are either open header or have mufflers under the floorboards. Does anyone know of a sump kit or a sumped tank that will fit in the 82-92 F body chassis, and that will work with a muffler in the factory location? Anyone have pictures of asumped tank in a fully loaded car? I'd love to see them if you do. Thanks for any information/suggestions on this. Have a great day!
Old 10-18-2010, 11:20 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had customers modify there stock style exhaust to work with our tanks. We are offering a new tank setup that will have the pump and filters mounted in an internal sump so it will have no protrusions and work with all factory exhaust. It is a complete race tank pump setup all in one.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nasty N8, thanks for the reply. My muffler is pretty big depth wise so that's why I was asking. You wouldn't happen to know what kind of modifications had to be done to get them to fit, do you? I would like to run -8 AN(1/2 in) line the entire length from the tank to the fuel log at the carb to keep the flow consistant. Right now, my mechanical Holley 110GPH pump only has 3/8 NPT inlets/outlets, so the 1/2in supply line gets restricted by a -8 AN to 3/8 NPT fitting. Maybe I can give you a call sometime and discuss what would be best for my needs? Thanks a ton, I appreciate it.

Quick Reply: Sumped fuel tank fit with factory exhaust???