Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Cheap Ford 160lb injectors for LPG cars vs other 160lb injectors

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 10:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Cheap Ford 160lb injectors for LPG cars vs other 160lb injectors

Okay so a friend of mine told me that ford has a 160lb low impedance injector they run in the crown vic and grand marquis cars. I read online that alot of DSM guys run these injectors in alcohol/e85 setups as they are compatible. I also read that you can pickup a set of used ones for $300. So what's the disadvantage over those vs a $700 set of almost the same thing?
Old 12-24-2010, 02:26 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AutomagicLS1
Okay so a friend of mine told me that ford has a 160lb low impedance injector they run in the crown vic and grand marquis cars. I read online that alot of DSM guys run these injectors in alcohol/e85 setups as they are compatible. I also read that you can pickup a set of used ones for $300. So what's the disadvantage over those vs a $700 set of almost the same thing?
Not much we rebuild them all the time it's only 15 each. However they are 1.5 ohms vs the ones available new are 2.8 so you have to make sure your driver can handle them.

Last edited by FICINJECTORS; 02-03-2011 at 08:08 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by FICINJECTORS
Not much we rebuild them all the time it's only 15 each. However they are 1.5 ohms vs the ones valuable new are 2.8 so you have to make sure your driver can handle them.
Can you tell me whether or not the Acceleronics - Versa Fueler is an adequate driver for these injectors (Ford units)... I'm looking for an affordable way to support 1000rwhp on E85 and the new high impedance ones you offer just don't fit my budget foreseeable future.

OR do you have anything else that would be suitable in a high impedance injector and in the $600 range? Or if not high impedance something low impedance in the $400-500 range?

Please PM me any options you may have.... I'm not generally in this forum.

Thanks!
Old 12-30-2010, 12:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mulletnotch
Can you tell me whether or not the Acceleronics - Versa Fueler is an adequate driver for these injectors (Ford units)... I'm looking for an affordable way to support 1000rwhp on E85 and the new high impedance ones you offer just don't fit my budget foreseeable future.

OR do you have anything else that would be suitable in a high impedance injector and in the $600 range? Or if not high impedance something low impedance in the $400-500 range?

Please PM me any options you may have.... I'm not generally in this forum.

Thanks!
only place I have read online people using them are the DSM guys and i have read they are a nightmare to get them to work and they arent really that great as far as a daily driver or something that see's alot of street time.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:07 PM
On The Tree

On a four banger that may be true but I know a LOT of Ford guys have used these without issue. It used to be that this injector was the only "big daddy" injector offered by Ford Racing which of course is also the CNG injector for Crown Vic's.

On any modern V8 and with the right driver they are absolutely driveable and a valid injector for a big power daily driver.... My concern is with what he said about the driver. Not sure what the versa fueler runs at as far as ohms/impedance.

I do know that the driver is all that matters when it comes to whether or not you can make these injectors play nice with your setup. The Honda guys love em and have used em for years on big power turbo cars. Ford's with a MAF based tune do not like them but standalone setups don't show much bad behavior.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:00 PM
TECH Resident

seeing your dyno video im assuming you used the 160lb ford injectors...what driver did you use and how well did they work?
Old 04-17-2011, 09:59 AM
Launching!

bumped

Quick Reply: Cheap Ford 160lb injectors for LPG cars vs other 160lb injectors