Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Can I return my fuel into my supply line.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 01:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can I return my fuel into my supply line.

I have an Accel pump that I think gets an air bubble and stops working. It's a gremlin I've been chasing for a few years now. Happens when fuel is getting lower and am off camber. (this is in an off road car) Even if I coast to flat ground it will not prime itself until I crack a fuel line and let it bleed out for a second. Then it fires right up. And the pump is lower than the tank.

Right now I have a pop can looking tank laid on it's side with a small sump in the center that has two -8's. One goes to the pump and one is return. I'm thinking the return is acting like a jet and removing all the fuel in the area. I was thinking about plugging the return -8 and teeing the return line into the supply line. I think this would cause less turbulence in the sump and hopefully help my problem.

My next option was going to an areomotive a1000 pump that hopefully will self prime.

Thoughts?
Old 05-20-2011, 09:26 AM
Banned

Yea u can
Old 05-20-2011, 12:17 PM
On The Tree

Why not move your return to the top of the tank?
Old 05-20-2011, 04:02 PM
TECH Regular

I have my return dumping in to the top of the bucket so its keeping it full. However if your running an off road vehicle I would run a header tank like the corvettes run so the tank feeding the engine is always full. You will still need a self priming pump for you application because my solution would only allow you to run longer, not fix the problem.