Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

which 255lph walbro do i have?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011 | 04:41 PM
TECH Addict

Default which 255lph walbro do i have?

hey guys i have a racetronix 255 walbro that i got a while back. I have had it in my truck for maybe 3 months now and i noticed that it starves for fuel pretty bad if it dont have alot of fuel in the tank. I modified the bucket to where the pump sits on the bottom of the gas tank. Now, the other day i was playing around with it and installed the basket assemblie in a bucket of fuel to kinda check it out and see what it was doing. Well, the walbro has a small brass niple on the top beside where the main fuel feed line connects to it at. That lil nipple was spraying a very strong steady stream of fuel through it. So strong that it shot close to 12ft. in the air.

My qeustion is... Did i recieve a walbro that was ment to be installed into a f bodie or something? I know that u guys have your fuel regulator inside the fuel pump basket at the top. My truck has the regulator on the fuel rail. Would this maybe cause a problem with it being installed on my truck rather than a car?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks guys.
Old 08-08-2011 | 07:39 PM
TECH Resident

From your description, it sounds like the F98 or F99 Pump. Made for F-Body cars with the bucket assembly.
Old 08-08-2011 | 09:01 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

There is not a direct fit pump for the trucks. You bought a pump for the 99-02 f-body with the venturi nipple. It will work fine, but you defeated the fuel bucket fill function when you cut the bucket, which prviously prevented fuel starvation when the fuel level is low.

You must keep the level above 1/4 tank to prevent this from happening.
Old 08-08-2011 | 09:17 PM
TECH Addict

ok thanks guys. I kinda figured it was for the cars more than my truck. Well, i ran the fuel bucket both ways. First, was with the pump just sitting inside the bottom of the bucket. Still ran out of gas on a low tank. Thin, i cut the bottom for the nipple and filter to sit on the bottom. This is how some guy did his install on pt.net. This, did help more than before about the fuel problem.

As long as its ok to run in my truck, thin im fine with it. Thanks again guys.
Old 08-09-2011 | 08:20 PM
Teching In

Was/Is your return running back into the canister(bucket)?