Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Racetronix BLT1-FPA pump kit how to ??

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 05:37 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Racetronix BLT1-FPA pump kit how to ??

Guys,

Never done a fuel pump / sending unit setup before.
I ordered a new Racetronix BLT1-FPA kit for a B-body fuel tank. (90's Impala SS) to go into my 1970 442.

So here's the dilemma I'm having.
The Impala SS fuel sender is brand new, and has a clear fuel tube going from the top of the sender cover, down to the fuel pump holder cover. There's this white tube that the fuel pump slides into, and this cover with the tube goes over and locks it in place.

Now the fuel pump itself has the same flexible clear fuel hose on it with steel fuel line clamps on them. How the hell do you get these off ??? I'm assuming it's better to take off the hose of the fuel pump , because if I take off the hose of the fuel sending unit, I won't have anything to hold the fuel pump down in the sending units tube.

No instructions were provided on how to wire this up either inside the tank. The pumps included harness is obviously thicker gauge, but the fuel sender's stock harness is soldered to the sending unit float. The pump harness has funky clips on it, but no way to attach it to the float part. I have to assume I'm going to cut the 12 gauge fuel pump float wire and ground and splice them into the 16 gauge stock wiring as close as possible to the unit ??

Pics

These are the fuel line clamps I can't get off. I'm worried about damaging the unit.

Here's the pump's purple and black harness wires with the funky clips , no idea what for.
But the brand new fuel sender has soldered wires for the float and a riveted one for ground.

Last edited by Aceshigh; 08-12-2011 at 05:52 AM.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

IIRC, I used the reactronix hose and a hose clamp to secure it to the top end of the housing. It took a while to peel away the hose and clamp from the metal outlet tube.
I think I modified the hold down top piece on the pump assembly so that the racretronix pump outlet/hose could slide through.
Mine had the clips for attaching the wiring. But the thicker wiring on the sender is not that critical. Only use the racetronix fuel pump wiring if necessary.
I also had to open up the window for the wiring clips tab to locks it in place on the upper wiring connector too.

Last edited by garys 68; 08-12-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:54 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Please check your PM!

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 08-12-2011, 04:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Racetronix
Please check your PM!
Support is available here. Please make sure you read this URL from top to bottom before registering.

Thanks!

http://www.racetronix.com/supportforum.html
I'm a member of THIS forum. I honestly have enough registrations I can't keep track of as it is.
Aren't you a sponsor here ?? No support here for your peeps ??

No instructions, and I was told the sending unit I got is SLIGHTLY different from the OEM one.
SO that explains those differences. As for the fuel line clip I was told I'd have to cut it out with side cutters or a dremel.
So I guess that's the plan.

Last edited by Aceshigh; 08-12-2011 at 04:42 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:38 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Aceshigh
I'm a member of THIS forum. I honestly have enough registrations I can't keep track of as it is.
Aren't you a sponsor here ?? No support here for your peeps ??

No instructions, and I was told the sending unit I got is SLIGHTLY different from the OEM one.
SO that explains those differences. As for the fuel line clip I was told I'd have to cut it out with side cutters or a dremel.
So I guess that's the plan.
Our forum provides a superior medium for our valued customers to obtain support.
We simply cannot provide product support via public forums.

Support info was provided on your RX sales order and invoice.
You know where to find the support you require...

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 08-12-2011, 10:17 PM
Launching!

Let me clarify .....
I bought a product from a forum sponsor.

I don't get supplied an instruction sheet. (I have clothing pins included I have no idea what they are for.)
I don't get supplied a phone number to call for support
I don't get responses to emails with tech questions. (My response was to go to your forum)

Granted wiring up a fuel pump isn't rocket science but I wanted to be sure I don't invalidate the warranty .....
So the only way to get tech support or even instructions, is to register on your personal forum,
and help your membership count for marketing purposes?? NO phone, email, or forum sponsor support??

It's not rude to inform other members the kind of support they can expect with products from vendors.

Last edited by Aceshigh; 08-12-2011 at 10:36 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:50 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Aceshigh
Let me clarify .....
I bought a product from a forum sponsor.

I don't get supplied an instruction sheet. (I have clothing pins included I have no idea what they are for.)
I don't get supplied a phone number to call for support
I don't get responses to emails with tech questions. (My response was to go to your forum)

Granted wiring up a fuel pump isn't rocket science but I wanted to be sure I don't invalidate the warranty .....
So the only way to get tech support or even instructions, is to register on your personal forum,
and help your membership count for marketing purposes?? NO phone, email, or forum sponsor support??

It's not rude to inform other members the kind of support they can expect with products from vendors.
There is no marketing on our forum at all. It's strictly a support forum and we check it much more often than we do LS1 tech/corvette forums/turbo buicks etc...

Most of the info people ask for is already posted on the forum! I think anyone who has signed up to the forum has been quite happy with our support

Quick Reply: Racetronix BLT1-FPA pump kit how to ??