Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Weiand intake

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 11:15 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weiand intake

A Weiand intake has come up for sale on ebay in the UK and as LS6 intakes a thin on the ground here is it a worth while swap for my 98 TAs LS1 intake. it appears to have fixings fro both 3 and 4 bolt TBs also holes for mounting throttle cable and the EGR has been welded up.

Do I have to still sort out the coolant cross over pipes?
Here is the link to the item:

I have done some seaching and I realise it's twice as heavy as a composit intake and there is the heat soak problem but it doesn't get that hot in the Uk

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...:X:RTQ:GB:1123
Old 08-24-2011, 01:18 AM
12 Second Club

I emailed the seller and he said it has 5 holes on the front as well as throttle cable holes.

My question is did Weiand make an intake that fits both 3 and 4 bolt TBs?

All the ones I've seen on here are 3 bolt TB fixing!

It is not a bargian buy at £225 same price as an LS6 so I am not sold on it.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why not spend the little bit extra and get a fast 102/102
Old 08-24-2011, 11:42 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by O.N.
why not spend the little bit extra and get a fast 102/102
I need to do stall and headers first I want to keep the costs down also. I will definatley do drag radials as the stall puts right on the edge as far a traction goes.

I suppose I am trying to replicate what I had on my 99 Z28 which I know works lid porrted TB stall headers. I need to finish that off with LS6 intake or Weiand and drag radials for a high 12 second car then maybe I might spray it aswell and goes for 11s

So A high dollar intake doesn't really fit in with my plans at the moment.

I would really like to know if the Weiand intake came with both 3 and 4 bolt TB fixing as I've got the seller down to £175($280) now But I would still have to buy intake gaskets and cross over pipes.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:05 PM
11 Second Club

I'm not sure about the Weiand, but I know BBK/Professional Products both have the 3 and 4 bolt TB setups prepped. It should come with adapter plates for whichever setup you will use.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:20 AM
12 Second Club

I am not sure about going for the Weiand as no one cam confirm the 3/4 bolt fixing and the extra weight and heat soak.The guy has offered it to for £150($ 240) I think I would be better off with an LS6 intake plus I want my car to appear stock under the hood. So I am at doing a deal for an LS6 intake on here.

Also I won't need to buy gaskets and cross over pipes as I found out you can use your old pipes if the bottom ribs on the LS6 intake are shaved off
Old 08-30-2011, 01:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

I actually did a good bit of research on the weiand before I bought one used off a guy on here. I had to get
1)new valley cover bolts which wasn't a big deal
2) coolant crossover pipes
3)gaskets (summit and jegs have them)

I wouldn't worry about heat soak just my 2 cents.

I dont remember seeing another bolt for the TB and I used gasket sealant so I don't really want to go tearing it off for you lol. I'll see what I can find tom morning.

Yes it weighs more but nothing you're going to notice. I went with it because I got a good deal on it and it was powdercoated black so it looked great.

Maybe someone can chime in and tell you if you need new valley cover bolts. But i'm pretty sure you'll need crossover tubes for a weiand.

There was a guy that cracked the intake chipping off the ribs on the bottom of the ls6 so for approx $30 used, I wouldn't risk it.

Edit: Looking at that picture, mine has a completely different "stamp" on it because its the Weiand LINGENFELTER version. I haven't seen one that looks like that with the Ram stamped on it.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:06 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 85CamaroZ28
I actually did a good bit of research on the weiand before I bought one used off a guy on here. I had to get
1)new valley cover bolts which wasn't a big deal
2) coolant crossover pipes
3)gaskets (summit and jegs have them)

I wouldn't worry about heat soak just my 2 cents.

I dont remember seeing another bolt for the TB and I used gasket sealant so I don't really want to go tearing it off for you lol. I'll see what I can find tom morning.

Yes it weighs more but nothing you're going to notice. I went with it because I got a good deal on it and it was powdercoated black so it looked great.

Maybe someone can chime in and tell you if you need new valley cover bolts. But i'm pretty sure you'll need crossover tubes for a weiand.

There was a guy that cracked the intake chipping off the ribs on the bottom of the ls6 so for approx $30 used, I wouldn't risk it.

Edit: Looking at that picture, mine has a completely different "stamp" on it because its the Weiand LINGENFELTER version. I haven't seen one that looks like that with the Ram stamped on it.
I did try quit a bit of searching on here for weiand intake but all I came up with were 3 bolt ones I never came across one that had both 3 and 4 bolt fixingfor the TB. so I would be taking a chance thet this would fit my TB. I have a ported TB on it's way to me from eaby from a guy who has a good reputation selling them on here.

Thanks for the info The LS6 intake I have bought has the ribs shaved off already so I don't need to touch it the guy has gone fast 90 so he no longer needs the LS6 intake. I have now bought the LS6 intake for $350 plus shipping so it's about the same price as I could have got the Weinad for but I would have had to buy gaskets cross over pipes and valley cover bolts for the Weind and by the time I payed for them to be shipped to the UK it gets expensive.

So I am happy with the LS6 intake I just bought I just need to sort some EGR block off plates. If I can find some metal thick enough I'll make some.
I am going to do headers so I will go with off road headers with no EGR.

Last edited by 99Z28camaroman; 08-30-2011 at 12:13 PM.