Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

5.3L t72 turbo fuel pump and injectors

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 11:50 AM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default 5.3L t72 turbo fuel pump and injectors

What intank pump do I need to fuel a 5.3L T72 turbo motor. It should make 600-700 hp at the flywheel. I`m using truck fuel rails with the manifold referenced fuel regulator so base pressure is 55-62psi and I plan on running 10-15lbs of boost but I could see myself turning it up to 20 psi boost.

Will a single intake pump like a Deatschwerks 300 or aeromotive 340 stealth be adequate? From looking through the online calculators it looks like I would be right on the edge. But from reading forum posts across the net it seems like the single pump should be plenty.

What about injectors? I`m thinking 65 lbs per hour would be about right.

To throw a wrench into it I`m also toying with the idea of running e85 from time to time (I could throw a GM flex fuel sensor in and drop a flex fuel capable OS in the PCM). For that it looks like I would need 85lb injectors which shouldn`t be an issue. My thoughts were that I would need dual pumps for sure and the only pumps I can find that are e85 compatible are the deatschwerks. But then I see posts like this http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-dyn...rformance.html where they were making over 600hp at the wheels with a turbo and e85 and it was supported by a single pump?????
Old 08-26-2011, 12:51 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For E85, you'll definitely need more than one in-tank pump. For pump gas, you'll probably be pushing it the closer you get to 700hp.

If you used a boost-a-pump, and ran it at 16v, that would give quite a bit more room but you'd still be short on E85.

83-85# injectors should be spot on for that power on E85, and you should be able to get a good tune on pump gas, as well.

Quick Reply: 5.3L t72 turbo fuel pump and injectors