Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

GTO 2004-2006 Fuel Tank

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011 | 11:27 PM
Launching!

Default GTO 2004-2006 Fuel Tank

Does anybody have a tank out of their car? I need the measurements of the fuel tank. I am doing a swap on a 62 Biscayne and the tank stands up, was wondering how close to the dimensions of it the gto tank might be. ANy pics? ALso They are metal,correct? We didn't have them sold in Canada and ther's only a couple imported so they are not at the wreckers to check them out. I'm hoping they might be close enough and maybe just cut up a stock tank and maybe weld the sending unit/pump assembly to a stock Biscayne/Impala tank.
Old 09-03-2011 | 11:32 PM
11 Second Club

mine is out but its not here for me to run out and look... yes it is metal if no one helps you out by the time it get over to my car i will get back with ya
Old 11-22-2011 | 10:31 PM
Teching In

I'm doing the same swap on a 62 belair, in the process of getting the tank, gto tank is a metal tank inside of a plastic case, the plastic case pops off pretty easy. The measurments are very close, I'm going to try to swap the tank straight in. I'm not sure you can swap the pump in the old tank, it is put together like a clam shell and there are no real flat spots on top. If you modify it enough I guess anything is possible. Have you made any headway on your swap, we should keep in touch maybe we can help each other through the process.
Old 11-23-2011 | 09:49 PM
Launching!

I haven't made much progress in the tank area. I was going to dig out a old walbro pump and see if it will fit in the sender hole or not. I'm thinking that might the way to go. That way I can still use the sending unit I have. Drill a hole on the sending unit, run some metal line to the pump.Just have to find a old tank to use. I bought a new tank when I did the chassis components when I had a small block in it. If you want p.m me your e-mail and we can swap details of the builds.

Quick Reply: GTO 2004-2006 Fuel Tank