Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Racecar fuel pump wiring.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 09:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racecar fuel pump wiring.

Tried searching but just got a lot of stuff involving the factory computer and adding onto the factory harness.

This is my roadrace car and will be wiring the fuel pump on a switch. I've saved the tag ends of the fuel pump wring (with a few extra feet of wire) so I could use the factory connections. I've also got the Racetronix fuel pump (installed) with their upgraded harness. Could I use the Racetronis harness and turn the pump on with a switch? Point me in the right direction guys. Thanks.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:40 PM
On The Tree

Forgot to add that I'm running a Carb'd LS6 in this car. So factory controls and wiring is no longer present.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

just buy a painless wiring fuel pump wiring kit (like $40). It comes with the relay, circuit breaker and all wiring. Thats what I did. Just run the signal side of the relay through your switch. That will be the most reliable setup. Just sell your racetronix kit to someone else.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:03 PM
On The Tree

That's what I figured. The wiring harness you get with the Racetronix kit is really nice, just not what I need. How much of the factory wiring under the car did you use?
Old 09-18-2011, 07:17 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you already have the Racetronix wiring harness.... just put power to the grey wire going into the relay to turn the pump on. Keep the other wires hooked to the tank & the ones to the power source. It will work fine.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:01 AM
On The Tree

Thanks Lonnie. To be honest I haven't pulled the harness out of the bag to really look at it.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Since you kept all that part of the Harness! I can help you with the wiring, I just finished up my pump feeding the carb motor! I have all the wires sorted out, I put a racetronix pump in my 1st gen tank so I can run your motor! But Lonnie's right, add power to the grey wire and the pump will run, you'll have to ground the Black wire. Purple and Black/white wires are your fuel level sender, and all the others are for the emissions purge system.

Quick Reply: Racecar fuel pump wiring.