Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Do I need a tune after after install of new fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011 | 04:04 PM
Launching!

Default Do I need a tune after after install of new fuel pump

Alright, long story short. Had a cam installed and tuned while still having stock fuel pump. Still have stock injectors and in the near future will have my 60# inj installed. Stock fuel pump was starting to go south fast. So I picked up a Walbro 255 in tank pump and had that installed. Next day after bringing her home decided to go fill the tank up(1/2 tank of gas). drove a couple miles to the gas station and she cutoff. Checked if I still had gas, still about a 1/4 tank left. Tried to get her to turn over for a couple of minutes and nothing. Got 2 gallons of gas, filled her up and she fired. Thought that was kinda funny, proceeded to gas station to fill up completely. Since then pretty much having the same symptoms more or less when my stock fuel pump was pretty much shot. I do notice on my fuel pressure gauge when this happens it's flat line. After reading on her a little seems. Some might say it might be the tune. Any response or help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-11-2011 | 04:59 PM
FormerVendor

Shouldn't require a tune unless the pump changes the flow enough that the fuel pressure bumps up a little bit.

Did you install the pump yourself? How was it installed?
Old 10-11-2011 | 06:04 PM
Launching!

No, I had taken it to Speed Inc for the install. Which was done last year just in case that might come up. Right around the time I had gotten the pump installed was right when I put her away for the winter. Haven't really driven here much since then especially with. The other cause of her not starting which I think I kinda solved already. Not really motivating. This year, now that the drain problem has subsided and hopefully been handled. This really irritating and sometimes embarrassing problem has reared it's ugly head and is now the center of my dilemma. Very annoying, at least with the other problem I couldn't make it out the garage without charging.lol Not sure if this might be one cause but when they installed the cam. I was told that since my car was running lean with the stock pump. That they tuned it to were the injectors would flow more fuel?

Quick Reply: Do I need a tune after after install of new fuel pump