Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

How do I vent fuel cell?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 09:12 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I vent fuel cell?

I've done an engine swap on my 1984 911, Its now the proud owner of a 2001 LS6. Since the original engine was air cooled, I had to install a radiator up front and this meant pulling the cars original gas tank.

So I bought a 10 gallon RCI Fuel Cell and mounted it in the front of the car. Plumbing the pickup and return lines was pretty straight forward, but I have no idea what to do with the vent line?

Does anyone make an aftermarket canister I can plumb it to? (to keep garbage out and maybe capture evaporating fuel)? Is capping it an option?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mike

Old 12-30-2011, 07:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Capping the vent is not an option.
The cell should have a roll over valve in it.[I will be combined w/ the vent fitting.] If there is none, you will have to add it. Jegs, Summit carry them.
The hose will have to be run to a point above the tank and a filter added. [I use inexpensive fuel filters for that.]
If the car has a charcoal canister, you may be able to hook into it.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is what we did on a silverado build with the same cell in the picture.

We couldnt find any vented caps so what we did was cap off the other two fittings on top and re-run a new return line. we made a hard line and fitting off the roll over valve and 90* it around the front of the tank, out the tool box and through the bed of the truck to the outside.

Not crap or anything will get up there and fuel wont really evaporate from the cell. No need for any type of charcoal canister unless you are worried about the smell of gas.

Quick Reply: How do I vent fuel cell?